Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR 9 nightmare

Some folks are successfully using the lower priced Hiperfire EDT triggers but since you are already having problems, wouldn't it be better to go with the trigger that has proven to many to work with any AR9 platform?

The 24 series triggers have a lighter trigger pull but thanks to the toggle springs, the hammer as a more powerful strike on the firing pin.

The last thing you want to do is buy several different triggers searching for the "one".   That can get expensive.

Whats wrong with the cheaper triggers besides pull weight? I just want the reliability of the 24c but I cant afford one right now.  
You get what your pay for. I started out with the mil spec trigger. It worked but Damn the pull was awful and I knew I would not be competitive with it. I shopped around and looked at the ads here. I found a sale at optics planet and got my 24 3g at around 180. Best money spent. Lots of reading went into the choice as well as seeing what every shooter around me was using.

Like someone just posted. Why spend lots of cash trying to find one you like when there is a proven product that you will read about in these forums over and over again. As soon as you put it in and dry fire it you will know the hiperfire was the right choice.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

On 6/30/2018 at 10:43 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Any chance you can put the mil-spec trigger back into the lower?  The CMC trigger may be the problem.

CMC triggers have been known not to work with a lot of builds.  They are great triggers but they will also smack the crap out of your firing pin, check how much force that hammer is throwing, it's likely to break FP's pretty quick.   My gunsmith has only been able to get a cmc trigger to run 100% in one of his builds.   In a 5.56 platform it runs all day long,  I understand your running the taccom bolt, but meh...   I'm leaning toward it's the trigger.   POF makes a decent trigger for a reasonable price, if you can't spring for the 24c or eclipse etc.

5 hours ago, jtrump said:

CMC triggers have been known not to work with a lot of builds.  They are great triggers but they will also smack the crap out of your firing pin, check how much force that hammer is throwing, it's likely to break FP's pretty quick.   My gunsmith has only been able to get a cmc trigger to run 100% in one of his builds.   In a 5.56 platform it runs all day long,  I understand your running the taccom bolt, but meh...   I'm leaning toward it's the trigger.   POF makes a decent trigger for a reasonable price, if you can't spring for the 24c or eclipse etc.

Lots of triggers run all day long in 5.56/.223 AR platform but the ar9 is a different animal. 

On 7/2/2018 at 10:35 PM, andrewt556 said:

Whats wrong with the cheaper triggers besides pull weight? I just want the reliability of the 24c but I cant afford one right now.  

Then save until you can.  Don't experiment with triggers, put one in that is known to work reliably.  

On 7/2/2018 at 7:35 PM, andrewt556 said:

Call your bolt manufacturer and ask what triggers will work with their bolt.  I'm sure they will tell you of a cheaper mil-spec type of trigger.  I was pleasantly surprised by the mil-spec trigger that came with my CMMG Guard.  Nice break, reset and not a heavy pull.

On the other hand, I have a POF trigger with a chosen pull of 4.5 lbs.  I like this pull for many reasons, one of which is that it is very similar to my stock PPQ pistols.  I love the POF trigger.  But when trading PCCs with a fellow competitor with a 2.5 lb trigger pull, he complained how bad my trigger was.  In firing his PCC, I could tell no difference that would cause me to go to a 2.5 lb trigger.  Shooting a PCC is much different to me than shooting precision rifle.  And, like my pistols, I try to pull straight back with just enough pull to break the trigger.  I have no problem with any weight trigger, but like a great break and reset.  There are good mil-spec triggers that have a good break and reset.  But in the end, to each his own.

4 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I have several PSA Gen 2 lowers like Andrew's and all came with mil-spec triggers that were heavy and rough. 

With some different springs and a little prudent polishing, it may tame down to an acceptable level.  At least that's an option for the short term.

I did polish it a little and got it down to 5.5-6.5 still sucks but slightly better. 

23 hours ago, BartCarter said:

On the other hand, I have a POF trigger with a chosen pull of 4.5 lbs.  I like this pull for many reasons, one of which is that it is very similar to my stock PPQ pistols.  I love the POF trigger.  But when trading PCCs with a fellow competitor with a 2.5 lb trigger pull, he complained how bad my trigger was.  In firing his PCC, I could tell no difference that would cause me to go to a 2.5 lb trigger.  Shooting a PCC is much different to me than shooting precision rifle.  And, like my pistols, I try to pull straight back with just enough pull to break the trigger.  I have no problem with any weight trigger, but like a great break and reset.  There are good mil-spec triggers that have a good break and reset.  But in the end, to each his own.

To many, "good" means "super light".  I agree that a crisp break feels better than "breathe on it and it goes off" light.

Edited by JAFO