Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic NC-15. Any Good??

Zao

I'll keep this as concise as possible. Looking at buying a Nordic NC-15 WYLDE (UPC 816696020082) for around $639. However, info, reviews, or videos on Nordic in general is very limited - not 1 major Youtube channel has reviewed Nordic. Practically nothing on the NC-15 at all. No reliability/durability testing, whether it can eat steel cased, and all the other standard review topics. Also, there are very few retailers, and I have yet to find even 1 review for the gun. Even on gun.deal (formerly slick guns) no one has touched the rating or comment section and people LOVE to give their opinions on there.

This is disconcerting to me as I'll read 30 articles, 50 pages of forums, and watch 10 hours of video reviews for a product. The stark lack has scared me away in the past.
That said, on this forum, I see good reviews of Nordic hardware and I have read some pretty good reviews of the Nordic PCCs or .22. My use for this would be home defense, general plinking, SHTF. 

Nordic NC-15 is listed as $639 (though on a few websites I have seen it at over $1,600. What the heck? Price gouging or is $639 just a fantastic deal?).
Other rifles I'm considering: M&P 15 Sport 2 ($519 for MOE model), Springfield Saint ($730).

The NC-15 has what seems to be upgrades that similarly priced ARs don't:
- Large Midwest Industries M-LOK handguard (similar to ~$200 Gen 3 MI; has 1 nut at the base vs 2 and a slight design difference.)
- Magpul grip/buttstock (lower end models, but many rifles in the $600-$700 range only have the standard hand guard, grip, and stock)
- 9310 for the bolt (not carrier?) vs 158 carpenter 
- MPI bolt (don't think the carrier)
- Forged lower (not billet)
- the barrel (if the same as sold separately) appears to have great reviews, even in the competition world. Theoretically should be far above a standard 4140 M&P Sport barrel or the Saint.
- Upgraded flash hider (around $90 at Cheaper Than Dirt) vs. birdcage

Am I missing something? Is Nordic's marketing team just missing the ball? I came to this forum because when searching "Nordic" this was the site that had the most hits for that search.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

NOTE TO NORDIC: If your quality will stand up to criticism and want to increase sales, give Nuttin' Fancy, Military Arms Channel, and IV8888 a rifle to test and get your name out there. 
The sheer lack of reviews will prevent most people from ever buying any Nordic rifle.

Edited by Zao