Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 3 low mount?

toddm

Just curious if anyone has seen an aftermarket Romeo 3 low M1913 mount, or the Sig version.   A couple places have the Romeo 3's on sale but they are in OEM packaging, just in a Sig parts bag, with the high QR rail mount, but no low mount.   I tried contacting Sig and was told they don't sell mounts/parts separately for their optics, which wasn't very helpful but I can't say surprising.

I know I've seen some posts that say the Cmore RTS2 sight is the same mount pin/screw placement and they do sell a low rail mount for about $50, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere the length of the two is significantly different. 

Thanks

According to Sig's website, it should come with both.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo3-1x25-mm.html

" Includes M1913 Picatinny low-rise mount and premium, quick release QD1.41" co-witness riser mount."

Optics Planet is advertising it as either low mount or co-witness, with a Picatinny mount and a riser accessory included.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-romeo-3-miniature-reflex-sight-with-riser-1x25mm-3-moa-red-dot-reticle.html

Optics Planet offers two versions it turns out, I only found out when I asked where the low mount was when mine arrived.   There is the version you posted a link to which is SOR31002, evidently the retail box packaging, low and high rail mounts etc.  and of course not on sale. 

There's also SOR31099, which they have on sale for $269, it's pictures and description also indicate it comes with the low mount.  In fact it's even in the package contents list at the link below: 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-romeo3-1x25-mm-reflex-sight-3-moa-red-dot.html

It turns out this version is an OEM version Sig must be blowing out, perhaps the Romeo 3 is on the way out.  It's just the Romeo 3, with the cover on, and the high QR mount, battery tossed into a black plastic Sig parts bag.   Palmetto is also blowing these out at $250 and they also do not include the low mount. 

Great deal if you don't need/want the low mount. 

Edited by toddm
dislexia

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh.  I feel sorry for the guys who believe this "expert answer" on the Optics Planet site...

Will the Romeo3 work with the Sig Sauer P320 X Five? And what is the main difference to the Romeo 1?Expert Answer

Yes the Romeo 3 should fit your P320 X Five. 

Both models of the Romeo1 are the same except for the MOA size. The original Romeo1 offers a 3MOA dot while the new model offers a 6MOA dot. 

by Coyte I., Gear Expert, July 5, 2018

• 3 weeks later...

You've probably seen it already but according to Springer's X5 plate mounts the STS2, Vortex Razor, and the Romeo 3 all share the same pattern, so I'm guessing that a low razor mount will work. Though the front of the dot will hang off the plate because of the extra meat it has in the front of the lens.