Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Line trigger install

dthomas1003

I'm installing an X-Line trigger on my limited gun with a DVC plastic grip and CK Arms frame. Fitted the shoe channel just fine and the shoe and bow move without issue. However, after everything is back together, the hammer will not fall when I pull the trigger. The trigger does move back a little bit. I have taken it apart and put it back together several times so everything looks like its back together correctly. The over travel screw is backed all the way out so that is not hitting. I know I'm missing something. I just sent an email to Adam at Atlas but it is late there. What else should I be looking at?

Adam emailed me right back asking me to call him. It's some known things I need to do to basically lengthen the trigger bow to get a little more travel with this grip and frame. I'm confident now I will get this to work. This is why he gets my money. 

For those that may have the same problem I did, it was all totally my fault for it not working. I simply had the trigger bow threaded on too far and it prevented the trigger from traveling rearward enough. Turned it back out, set the pre-travel, set the over-travel and it works like a charm. Major improvement over the stock STI trigger it replaced. So much so I am ordering one for my Sig Max. 

On 6/29/2018 at 7:24 AM, stardust tommy said:

I have good experience with the X line triggers... but I have 1 cracked where the bow is welded together.

if it is a competition gun don trow away your original trigger and take it with you as backup

gr T

So did i. i sent them a email and pix and they sent me a new bow.  Great customer service. Came from Germany in 2 weeks.   

Awesome triggers! I have the Convex one like Broncman on two of my guns. I've been looking for another, but unfortunately it looks as if they are no longer available. Been thinking of getting a flat one and milling it myself. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had read this thread last week. I got my X-Line trigger and Extreme Shooters grip at the same time. After considerable and cautious fitting, the blankety blank thing wouldn't fire. I knew it dropped the hammer without the mag release installed, but not with it installed. Luckily I got busy with something else and it was a day later before I could get back to it. I figured it out and all was well.

Not really an improvement in trigger pull as the old trigger job was already fantastic, but it had one of the STI gunsmith blank triggers and it looked like crap too me.

I'll probably add one to my Tactical 4.15 eventually.