Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6/28/18 New high hit factors and retired classifiers

Paulie

4 minutes ago, Paulie said:

I’m about half way through a comparison of limited HHF changes, which I’ll post here tomorrow. 

Pucker factor more worthy of its name now.....get ready for this. HHF increased 18%. 

Yeah, mine went from 100% to 85%. I do think that one was an easier one, I'm not sure it was 15% too easy!  

Edited by B_RAD

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, tanks said:

I don't think the changes are that drastic below GM scores. My "B" classifier scores averaged out to be 4.6% lower after I recalculated them. Most dropped between 3 to 9% after a careful look and one went up by 3%.

I think you just happen to have shot lesser impacted classifiers. 

The % impact will be the same for everyone, as classes are just a percentage of one single number...the HHF.

You could argue that D and B, being 40 and 25 pts wide respectively, will be most affected....but everyone is x percentage further from their goal depending on which classifier we are looking at. 

Edited by Paulie

3 minutes ago, Paulie said:

I think you just happen to have shot lesser impacted classifiers. 

The % impact will be the same for everyone, as classes are just a percentage of one single number...the HHF.

You could argue that D and B, being 40 and 25 pts wide respectively, will be most impacted....but everyone is x percentage further from their goal depending on which classifier we are looking at. 

Math it out. It’s percentages... B class is 60-75% of high hit factor. If high hit factor increases by 10%, B class will only see 60-75%  of that gain, D class will see 2-40% of the change. The higher the classification, the more of the change will be reflected. 

Edited by tha1000

I shoot carry optics. I had 1 classifier 99-57 go from 62.2249% to 75.6028%. My HF is 5.1081 for that classifier. That’s a big jump. The rest of the classifiers were 2%-4% lower. Still B class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting. 

On CM 99-11 (El Presidente) for the PCC competitor a clean run at 5 seconds will get you a 95.6% classifier.

That same 5 second run with an Open gun get you an 88.4% classifier.

Looks like the big difference is the PCC reload.   Need to keep working on those.

After a good night sleep I think I'll review the classifiers that include a mandatory reload and see how the Open and PCC hit factors compare.

Interesting. 

On CM 99-11 (El Presidente) for the PCC competitor a clean run at 5 seconds will get you a 95.6% classifier.

That same 5 second run with an Open gun get you an 88.4% classifier.

Looks like the big difference is the PCC reload.   Need to keep working on those.

After a good night sleep I think I'll review the classifiers that include a mandatory reload and see how the Open and PCC hit factors compare.

The reload shouldn’t make 7% difference. The start position on El Prez is what should make the difference imo. Not having to turn then draw saves a lot of time on a 5 second stage.

1 hour ago, tyman1876 said:

The reload shouldn’t make 7% difference. The start position on El Prez is what should make the difference imo. Not having to turn then draw saves a lot of time on a 5 second stage.

If correct, wouldn't the slower first shot in Open make the HHF for Open lower than that for PCC?   

For PCC 100% (HHF = 12.59) requires a clean run and a time of 4.76 seconds.   

For Open 100% (HHF = 13.57) requires a time of 4.42 seconds.

If correct, wouldn't the slower first shot in Open make the HHF for Open lower than that for PCC?   

For PCC 100% (HHF = 12.59) requires a clean run and a time of 4.76 seconds.   

For Open 100% (HHF = 13.57) requires a time of 4.42 seconds.

Sorry maybe my wording wasn’t the best but yes that is what I was trying to say.

My opinion is that PCC should be a higher HHF than Open, for that particular COF anyway.

8 minutes ago, tyman1876 said:

Sorry maybe my wording wasn’t the best but yes that is what I was trying to say.

My opinion is that PCC should be a higher HHF than Open, for that particular COF anyway.

NVM already discussed...

Edited by ChuckS

27 minutes ago, Paulie said:

A6F7CD5B-3214-44C5-B2C4-79B67041A89B.jpeg.c3455412c20a2d5ace373dc92c200a4f.jpeg

Summary below is small in post. Click on image and zoom for better look. 

3357CBCF-64E4-4DAE-BE98-DAD8774D7EEB.thumb.jpeg.a00456f8708a208984a00bce8fcec3a9.jpeg

Now you'll just see matches with only ones in the green. Gamers gonna game. 

4 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

The one thing that my youngest daughter knew pushed my buttons was to end a discussion with "nevermind" and then walk off.

And dang it,  now they even have abbreviations for it.  :angry:

Fml ?

47 minutes ago, Paulie said:

A6F7CD5B-3214-44C5-B2C4-79B67041A89B.jpeg.c3455412c20a2d5ace373dc92c200a4f.jpeg

Summary below is small in post. Click on image and zoom for better look. 

3357CBCF-64E4-4DAE-BE98-DAD8774D7EEB.thumb.jpeg.a00456f8708a208984a00bce8fcec3a9.jpeg

You sure El prez is right?  I think the previous hhf is more like 10.8?

10 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

You sure El prez is right?  I think the previous hhf is more like 10.8?

Sorry. Yep, 10.8...must have fat-fingered that one. 

Other corrections welcome!