Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ar not running

usmc1974

Lube that sucker up to the point of dripping with liquid lube.

Maybe add a little more action/buffer/recoil spring?

Try different mags if you haven't already?

Does it run from the mags with factory ammo?

Does your reloaded ammo drop freely into a case gauge?

It does lock open on last round, and it kick'em out at about 3 o'clock standard bolt will try other reloads and it runs on factory ammo it is a new

223 wylde carbine length barrel and gas tube. Thanks B

48 minutes ago, rlillyskygod said:

Case gauge the ammo first. Case gauge before you do anything else. Small base dies doesn't  mean its right check it. Or spent a bunch of time and money changing things. CASE GAUGE.

Is there a special case gauge for AR ammo?  Thanks

Edited by usmc1974

I’ve noticed if I don’t lube the crap out of the brass when sizing I’ll get one in a hundred on a short stroke and just doesn’t make the head space. Sounds like what you had with the bolt not seating. But case gauge  will catch it. Also learned a lesson on cleaning the case gauge, had grime in the gauge itself and thought I had a hundred bad rds that were good. 

On 6/27/2018 at 1:51 PM, usmc1974 said:

lol lube the f*#ker lol. my ammo runs in my other AR's. and I use small base dies from RCBS the buffer spring seem lite 

I bought a stretch 16 with wylde chamber and ammo that would run in 2 other Wylde chambers would not run in the stretch. Case gauging will tell you a lot as was mentioned.  I have a JP gauge that sees every round.

Looked on a lot of my casings and didn’t see any deformations but theory of too much lube would cause a lot uneven pressure. I use dillon lanolin lube and I let it sit for a min before running through press. I’ve had a stuck case in my die and it was a chore to get it out without damaging the die. Chore would also be an understatement.... that particular one got stuck like Excaliburs sword using case lube. 

Believe it or not, it was the buffer spring. It was harder to cycle then all my other AR's so I changed out the buffer spring with a new milspec one. Now it runs like a striped as ape, everything I feed it all my reloads

WOW who would of thought I would not of..

Edited by usmc1974