Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions on a new red dot

corbinfouquet

I'm currently using the DP Pro and like it, however .. and there's always a however, I did have to send one of them back because of an issue with it shutting off. There's another thread discussing The DP Pro and what others are experiencing. 

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/262246-delta-point-pro/

Other than that the other three I have are working without any issues and I'm happy with them.

44 minutes ago, schaet said:

I'm currently using the DP Pro and like it, however .. and there's always a however, I did have to send one of them back because of an issue with it shutting off. There's another thread discussing The DP Pro and what others are experiencing. 

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/262246-delta-point-pro/

Other than that the other three I have are working without any issues and I'm happy with them.

There always seems to be one bad apple in the bunch. I definitely do t base my judgement off of a couple of bad reviews. Not saying that you are bashing it by any means. Just that I'm open to anything if it works well for me 

Agreed. When companies do a production run in the amount that they do, there's always going to be some that fall out of spec and still get by QC. I just bought another one last week because I like them and they work for me. 

I'm not sure about C-More's warrenty, but DP has a lifetime warranty and it's transferable, not to mention that their customer service has been excellent with me; those two items make a big difference to me. 

I can't speak to how the RTS2 is to use, but I do shoot with a couple of buddies that swear by them FWIW .. 

Went from cmore to DPP, and just didn’t like the less round glass shape compared to cmore or rts2. It seemed if this tiny difference in glass height caused me to lose the dot regularily and with either cmore it’s a non issue.

romeo looks and feels nearly identical to rts2 to me as well. 

Ive has no issues with my two rts2’s and they’re older now but unsure which V they are

My experience: avoid the DPP , at least for awhile. I have 3 of them and not one works properly. As per my conversations with Leupold they are not shipping any DPP as of Wednesday. Having a screw problem??......just my horrific experience.

2 hours ago, TANFARM said:

My experience: avoid the DPP , at least for awhile. I have 3 of them and not one works properly. As per my conversations with Leupold they are not shipping any DPP as of Wednesday. Having a screw problem??......just my horrific experience.

I would disagree with that.  I have had zero issues with mine. Only changed the battery one time that season.

But personally i switched back the the C More Slide ride after shooting the DPP for a season. 

I found that I could pick up the dot from strange positions a bit easier with the bigger glass.  And you can see the recoil arch much better as well.

There must be a reason that everyone shot the Slideride for so long.......

Just another opinion

3 hours ago, Sporky said:

I would disagree with that.  I have had zero issues with mine. Only changed the battery one time that season.

But personally i switched back the the C More Slide ride after shooting the DPP for a season. 

I found that I could pick up the dot from strange positions a bit easier with the bigger glass.  And you can see the recoil arch much better as well.

There must be a reason that everyone shot the Slideride for so long.......

Just another opinion

Yea I run a slideride and I like it. Just looking for other opinions to actually see if I want to make the switch 

Nothing, is as fast as a C-more, nothing. no tube Or over sized frame to have to look though, big bright heads up display. I run railways on my 3 gun AR 

Edited by usmc1974

55 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Nothing, is as fast as a C-more, nothing. no tube Or over sized frame to have to look though, big bright heads up display. I run railways on my 3 gun AR 

Slide ride or rds2?

I have a am RTS2 on primary and a Romeo 3 on backup. Probably only 5K on Romeo but no issues so far. Prefer the 6moa of my RTS2 but if they were equal size dots I’d probably be running 2 6moa romeos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have about 1.5 years and 8 to 10k on my r3 no other comparable, I went from slide rode to r3 and won't be changing back I'm yet to hear of a single issue with the r3

• 3 weeks later...