Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rimfire Rifle Build

Adamj

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Does Everybody use the 10-22 for their .22 rifles ?

No other brands at all ?

Would using a shorter barrel (6-9 ") make the comp work a bit better ?

10/22's are very popular because of the HUGE aftermarket of custom parts... plus they are fine guns in their own right....

TC 22 is another that is close to a 10/22 and some 10/22 parts will fit (mags for one )  The S&W 15/22 is very popular with those that also shoot PCC or other AR's in 3 gun etc because of their AR heritage. There are more and more  aftermarket parts becoming available for the 15/22's   Several other companies now make 15/22 type rifles.   

As for your third question... in Steel challenge yes a shorter barrel has several advantages lighter weight, and is louder to help with shot timer pick up. The Tac Sol SBX is a 12.5 inch barrel with a pinned/welded? 4 inch shroud to give the 16 inch overall needed length to be legal ( not a Short Barrel Rifle ) any barrel that is 6 inch or more will give all the needed accuracy for SCSA.... Add the length of permanent shroud to make it legal and you are good to go.  One word on long shrouds... 22's are dirty and getting down to the true end of the barrel with a long shroud will have its own challenges.

Edited by xpierrat

No other brands at all ?

The best in the world all use a 10/22 derivative of some sort. There is no AR style rimfire rifle in the world with as good a trigger as a properly set up 10/22 style trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, 1911luvr said:

The best in the world all use a 10/22 derivative of some sort. There is no AR style rimfire rifle in the world with as good a trigger as a properly set up 10/22 style trigger.

The nice thing about the 10/22 is you can now get a AR style using a Mod Shot, PMACA, or Crazy Ivan chassis , AR grip, super light buffer tube/Stock, short super light barrel, a super trigger... Kidd etc , a hand guard or just a fore grip of some sort, AND a rifle that is in the 3 lb range which equals transition speed in SCSA   It is kinda cool seeing all the varity of 10/22 builds out there.  Some of them are getting pretty minimalist ….  Sorry don't have the name saved for the owner of this one.... I have seen quite a few along this line.

42539905_10213260694736497_5149640572151005184_n.jpg

Edited by xpierrat

48 minutes ago, CDRGlock said:

I am open to suggestions for a stock.

I have a Tactical Advantage Threaded Barrel and Kidd Trigger. I’m using a T&J Tactical 22 Suppressor

7215226c123ab743f289afc067cab721.jpg32efc0059ad08d66b9b4549cc6819c1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A Boyds Evolution SS is excellent if you like that type of stock.  I switched to the PMACA photoed above and prefer it, but would advise you to verify that your barrel length and suppressor combo will work with the PMACA forearm.  I 99% sure you’d be okay but check first.  

A Boyds Evolution SS is excellent if you like that type of stock.  I switched to the PMACA photoed above and prefer it, but would advise you to verify that your barrel length and suppressor combo will work with the PMACA forearm.  I 99% sure you’d be okay but check first.  

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have a Boyd’s stock for my Savage sniper rifle trainer.

On 10/28/2018 at 5:39 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

No other brands at all ?

I just switched from a 15-22 to a 10/22 to see if I like it better. I am very accustomed to an AR-style rifle so it’s an adjustment and still too early to say, but I’m going to give the 10/22 a go. 

ECDBEF53-ABEA-4FE8-87AE-7EBFE9151080.jpeg

I just switched from a 15-22 to a 10/22 to see if I like it better. I am very accustomed to an AR-style rifle so it’s an adjustment and still too early to say, but I’m going to give the 10/22 a go. 
ECDBEF53-ABEA-4FE8-87AE-7EBFE9151080.thumb.jpeg.08f51c845df4023366e66b30011dcde4.jpeg

Amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am so indecisive but I finally decided upon a Magpul Hunter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

No AR style rifle with as good a trigger as a 10/22?  I beg to differ.  Hiperfires, Giessle, AR gold to name a few.

Nope, not even close. Have you shot them side by side in comparison? I have, and they aren’t even in the same category. A $110 Kidd trigger upgrade kit and $8 spring kit will give you a lighter trigger than any of them could ever hope for, shorter take up, shorter reset, and smoother trigger pull. It’s really not even close.

Nope, not even close. Have you shot them side by side in comparison? I have, and they aren’t even in the same category. A $110 Kidd trigger upgrade kit and $8 spring kit will give you a lighter trigger than any of them could ever hope for, shorter take up, shorter reset, and smoother trigger pull. It’s really not even close.

I use Elftmann Competition triggers in my ARs. 2.75 lb pull. It’s hard to beat.

I have a drop in Kidd Trigger in my 10/22 that is pretty darn awesome though.

3 hours ago, CDRGlock said:

I use Elftmann Competition triggers in my ARs. 2.75 lb pull. It’s hard to beat.

I have a drop in Kidd Trigger in my 10/22 that is pretty darn awesome though.

I really likr my $230 Hiperfire and recommend it to everyone with an AR.  Having said that, I like my $85 Kidd trigger even more.