Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CK Thunder Open

SmokinGun-G

Just received my new CK Thunder Open and couldn't be more pleased. Something special about that moment when you open up that case for the first time!  Not just this but any new gun...can I get a witness?

Have to thank Matt and Bobby for building such a quality gun and hope that I can now do justice to it.  Also, I want to thank Shooter's Connection for their quality service and quick shipping, had it 2 days. 

Can't wait until i get it to the range and let the Thunder roll...

CK-Thunder.jpg

No I have a feeling that was a problem that was solved pretty fast.  I have two, one of them older, and both run my 1.165 with room to spare.  I'm not sure why they ever did, I know Bobby's recommended load is 7.1gr AC with JHP loaded to 1.165.  

I must have an older one (Hardcore, not a Thunder), and I can't get the rounds to spin freely above ~1.155 with 124gr JHP Montana Golds. Because of brass variation, etc, I load at 1.145-1.155 (averaging 1.150) and I don't have any issues with accuracy or consistency. Love the thing, but I can't wait for my Atlas to come :)

3 hours ago, touji said:

I must have an older one (Hardcore, not a Thunder), and I can't get the rounds to spin freely above ~1.155 with 124gr JHP Montana Golds. Because of brass variation, etc, I load at 1.145-1.155 (averaging 1.150) and I don't have any issues with accuracy or consistency. Love the thing, but I can't wait for my Atlas to come :)

Mine must be older as well because 1.155 is my max with a PD JHP. 

I don’t necessarily see the OAL as an issue, but I’m also using WAC in 9mm so I have no worries about compression. Accuracy and consistency have been great even loading shorter than most, but it’s really good to know that CK offers to ream the barrels if needed. I may send mine in at some point but I don’t see a need to at this moment in time.