Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which recoil spring to use

ChrisTSO

Ive got a cz 75 tso in a 9mm to shoot limited and I run factory winchester 124 gr fmj nato ammo through it and was wondering what would be the best recoil spring to run in it. The 11lb or the 13 lb? Any info would be great thank you! 

36 minutes ago, Postal Bob said:

Whichever spring gives you the best/fastest double taps on target.

Fyi, nato ammo is fairly hot compared to most target loads people are shooting. You'll probably need the heavier spring. But test both.

I know they run a little hotter i just didnt know if anyone had experimented with it yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Between the two spring choices you have, use the 11# spring. I tested 10, 11, 13 and 16# (stock) and the 10# gave me the fastest reacquiring of the target. I’m shooting my reloads which consist of 124 Gr FMJ truncated cone from RMR with 4.2 Gr of Winchester 231 @ 1.102 OAL. 

Edit.

I’m also using the stock thin buffer that came with my TSO. 

Edited by George16

I also use Wolff springs but I've recently seen a lot of this company's 1911 parts on Ebay:  http://klonimus.webstoreplace.com/   Their spring kit is only $19.99 for 7 springs.

I have no experience using their products but the discussion on the 1911 forum seems to be pretty positive. 1911 Forum link

You may find this "TSO 9 recoil spring" thread helpful:  https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/265944-tso-9-recoil-spring/

For Nato ammo I would use the 13# spring.
I bet after sufficient rounds your guide rod will start to take a beating.
You could go lighter but at that point I would at least place the thin recoil buffer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk