Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight in distance for PCC

I went down to a 7 yard zero because I was unable to account for sight offset.  I'm not sure if that is the permanent direction that I will be going though

I’m surprised there is enough adjustment in sight to zero at 7 yds. Will admit I’ve never looked to see how much adjustment is needed.

What weight bullet, velocity, and how high is sight above bore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
42 minutes ago, GeneBray said:

I’m surprised there is enough adjustment in sight to zero at 7 yds. Will admit I’ve never looked to see how much adjustment is needed.

What weight bullet, velocity, and how high is sight above bore?

115 gr berrys copper plated bullet at 1350 fps.  I'll have to measure sight over bore

I am shooting my 1st ProAm steel match this weekend. I have my PCC sighted in for 20 yards will this work?

Know little about Pro Am Steel except it is par time, all steel shooting sport. Any sight in distance will work. HOWEVER, you must know your hold over/under which all depends on bullet, velocity, sight height above bore, and target distance. 25-30 is a good distance for USPSA. Would think 20 would work but you have to know where the bullet impacts from a few yards to the max distance you engage targets.

1 hour ago, JZELEK said:

I am shooting my 1st ProAm steel match this weekend. I have my PCC sighted in for 20 yards will this work?

I am zeroed at 20yds with a Holosun 510C.

124gr ammo @ 140 PF.

Steel from the 11yd minimum all the way out to 30yds has always fallen with a dead center hold, including some rather small plates.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

124gr ammo @ 140 PF.

Steel from the 11yd minimum all the way out to 30yds has always fallen with a dead center hold, including some rather small plates.

If sight/bore offset is around 2.5” your are ~1” low at 11 yds to ~0.8” high at 30 yds. with that weight bullet which is ~1,130 FPS for that PF. So center hold should work which is what you said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

124gr ammo @ 140 PF.

Thanks,

I am using a Trijicon MRO.

124 Gr Extreme plated, 1.140 OAL, 3.5 WSF

Not sure of the PF.

I will test hold over on the 11yd steel to see if I can hold dead center.

11 minutes ago, JZELEK said:

Thanks,

I am using a Trijicon MRO.

124 Gr Extreme plated, 1.140 OAL, 3.5 WSF

Not sure of the PF.

I will test hold over on the 11yd steel to see if I can hold dead center.

See @GeneBray‘s reply above. You’ll be an inch low at 11yards so a center hold is all kinds of good.

...Roughly dead center at 15-25yd...

...and it’ll hit pinch high at 30, which is beyond the range I’ve ever seen someone have to shoot at in a Pro-Am.