Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight in distance for PCC

at my local range (Ruskin, Fla) we are limited to a max of less than 35yd... I sight my red dot PCC and limited pistols typically to shoot 1" high at 25yd.... and make sure I know the hold over at point blank range... at the other range I occasionally shoot we are often tasked with 90yd steel, and I use a 1.5x16 ACOG on another upper.. still zeroed 1" at 25yd...

What distance are you sighting in your PCC? I’m using an Atibal  micro red dot and will be shooting USPSA 

115 gr at 1,130 FPS, 129.9 PF, 25 yd zero is 1” down at 77 yds. And 2.7” at 90 yds.

147 gr. at 885 same zero is 1” down at 57 yds. 2” @ 65, 3” @ 75. Increasing or decreasing the zero yardage doesn’t seem to help.

147 needs more velocity to shoot flatter. 985 to 1,085 FPS are fairly flat but your PF will be ~145 to 159.5 which would mean a lot more recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bays around here allow up to a 35 yard shot in a match, so I zero for that. Then I'll shoot a target with 3 rounds every 3 steps back to about 50 yards or so, noting the changes.

My laser is zeroed for 7 yards.

I've tried both 15 and 25 yards...  I personally like 15 yard zero as at 20 it hasn't really changed by around 28yards I'm 2inches high.     It sure helps on classifiers that are close and require fast head shots to know I don't have to hold over the target.   I also found myself shooting low on fast paces hoser stages where with a 15 yard zero I get away with being a little faster and still putting down 2alpha.

What distance are you sighting in your PCC? I’m using an Atibal  micro red dot and will be shooting USPSA 

25 or 30 yds and learn the hold over for close targets. You will be toast at a lot of
PCC matches where targets are 50-100 yds with a 15 yd zero.

15 hours ago, GeneBray said:

25 or 30 yds and learn the hold over for close targets. You will be toast at a lot of
PCC matches where targets are 50-100 yds with a 15 yd zero.

I agree.  You should know hold overs anyway.  They certainly aren't difficult.

30 yards works for me. I use PCC for 3Gun and USPSA.

Good choice. See advantages to both distances. I may change 30 yd. dope from 25. Think both are good. And, best to pick 1 and stick with it than change around.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, Justin_Hill said:

I sight in at 15 yards for pretty much all matches and typically don't have to worry about hold over.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ditto here. Have about 45' on the rec room side of the basement. Bore sight in barrel, laser dot on wall, dot sight dot on laser sight on wall, life is good. No hold over, no BS. A zone at 50yds no probbo. Close up stuff you point shoot anyways, right ?

That is one of the distinct advantages of shooting a PCC, run fast, stock on hip, pull trigger stupid fast!

Exactly. I did have am issue with a barrel on Tuesday though cause I'm an idiot lol.

Ditto here. Have about 45' on the rec room side of the basement. Bore sight in barrel, laser dot on wall, dot sight dot on laser sight on wall, life is good. No hold over, no BS. A zone at 50yds no probbo. Close up stuff you point shoot anyways, right ?

That is one of the distinct advantages of shooting a PCC, run fast, stock on hip, pull trigger stupid fast!

1 minute ago, Justin_Hill said:

Exactly. I did have am issue with a barrel on Tuesday though cause I'm an idiot lol.

Not only you friend, Last match 4 out of 7 stages were a train wreck. Turned out the charge handle was hanging up enough to keep the bolt just out of battery. The little catch that locks onto the upper was f****d, it kept the charge handle back just a bit. All day I am ready to launch 31rd Glock mags into a deep hole!

Glad I didn't. New charge handle ( Strike Industries) and hopefully we are good to go. Find out Sunday.

Not only you friend, Last match 4 out of 7 stages were a train wreck. Turned out the charge handle was hanging up enough to keep the bolt just out of battery. The little catch that locks onto the upper was f****d, it kept the charge handle back just a bit. All day I am ready to launch 31rd Glock mags into a deep hole!

Glad I didn't. New charge handle ( Strike Industries) and hopefully we are good to go. Find out Sunday.
I shot a barrel 3 times in a row on a really good run lol your new charging handle will work out.

2 minutes ago, Justin_Hill said:

I shot a barrel 3 times in a row on a really good run lol your new charging handle will work out.

That's the plan,  I always try to be optimistic.

But, as my very good friend always say," stage plans are great until the buzzer goes off !"

• 2 weeks later...