Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC Carbine Trigger

They admit the trigger doesn't do anything insofar as decreasing pull which is why I have opted to not get it.  The MCarbo spring will be here tomorrow so I will put it in and give it a try.  VQ stated that they will be coming out with a trigger kit first quarter of so of '19.

On 6/25/2018 at 3:28 PM, Tailgunner said:

Any disassembly/reassembly  videos on the Ruger PCC trigger. Want to install trigger upgrade, but don't want to go in blind.

This TandemKross video on installing their trigger gives you a good idea.  Yeah, the OP is old, but it is still a good video.

Edited by vluc
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 1:15 PM, aRjayboy said:

I also found just now about MCarboRuger PC Carbine Trigger Spring Kit (https://www.mcarbo.com/ruger-pc-carbine-trigger-spring-kit.aspx)

saving it for now in my bookmarks. I still dont find the need for it until i full test my Tandemkross Victory trigger

I installed the MCarbo two spring kit, dropped the trigger to 3 pounds.  I'm sure that stone/polish on the sear assembly should drop it a touch more.

• 2 weeks later...

VQ Trigger pre-order.  $273.  Interesting but not for half the price of my carbine.  I expected a kit, not so much a drop in trigger assembly.

https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/1735?c=bffbef&utm_source=Volquartsen+News&utm_campaign=5a0d13ec9b-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_02_08_06_45&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7bc8fa45e6-5a0d13ec9b-126847561

• 11 months later...

This what I used for my trigger job on the Ruger PC Carbine: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/928141815?pid=716391 $138.00 at Midway (out of stock go figure)

I used the factory springs and theparts that I crossed out are specific to the 10/22 only.

The Mcarbo trigger and the Tandomcross are only an alumnim trigger......this will include the hammer and sear.

54069752_pctrigger.jpg.8df838f19da3a078d64f0ce593d1ebcf.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got my Ruger PC9. From the factory the trigger pull was fairly squishy, not dissimilar to a Glock trigger. The only thing I did to it was polish the sear and hammer connection points. A lot of the mushiness went away. It is still probably in the 5.5lbs pull range, and the break is not like a "glass rod"...but it is very serviceable. If I wanted to just lower the pull a bit with minimum effect on function, I'm assuming I'd be looking at a lighter sear spring, right? I think that and eventually a swap to a metal trigger is all it needs.

• 1 month later...

I'm on my 3rd roundtrip with Volquartsen on their TG9.  While I like the pre and post travel adjustments, the pull has been close to 3lbs.    Just got latest yesterday and will retest with Lyman digital pull tester.  The  trigger group is definitely sturdier, heavier and a small amount wider ( wouldn't fit in my chassis initially ) than stock. 

On 6/1/2020 at 9:02 AM, jrdoran said:

I'm on my 3rd roundtrip with Volquartsen on their TG9.  While I like the pre and post travel adjustments, the pull has been close to 3lbs.    Just got latest yesterday and will retest with Lyman digital pull tester.  The  trigger group is definitely sturdier, heavier and a small amount wider ( wouldn't fit in my chassis initially ) than stock. 

Thinking about picking up a TG9 trigger. Does it have a shorter reset compared to the stock trigger?

Thanks!

Edited by Hooked

Latest trigger comes in at a consistent 2.2 - 2.4 pull weight with zero overtravel.  I have not played with the pretravel yet.   

In comparison to the stock trigger it does have a shorter reset.   Definitely a better trigger ( and a bit heavier ).  Not cheap,   I'm undecided if worth it to be honest.    

I'm an M level Steel challenge shooter and can't honestly say it is THAT MUCH better than mcarbo + stock.    In Rimfire the Kidd single stage is 2nd to none.  Wish Kidd made one for PCC Ruger .

Edited by jrdoran
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/4/2018 at 8:20 PM, Liberty556 said:

Here's one for the KIDD, which I just installed.

Outstanding trigger.

I also got their trigger spring tuning kit:

https://coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Pull-Weight-Tuning-Spring-Kit_p_120.html

I installed it along with the green 3.25 trigger return spring. I made no adjustments to the overtravel or sear set screws. Now the trigger has No pretravel, No overtravel, and a super short trigger reset. Trigger is rock-solid with a clean/crisp break.

These two items from Kidd (trigger kit and springs) are all you need to upgrade the PC Carbine trigger, and nothing you don't need.

As of this writing, including shipping, I paid $117.50

Hi, hope you don't mind driving back into this for a question or 2.

What was/is the trigger pull weight with the Kidd trigger kit and green spring with the Ruger hammer?  Is it accurate to the 3¼lbs as suggested by Kidd?

Did the trigger feel and function exactly the same after reinstalling the Ruger hammer?

Thanks in advance