Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC Carbine Trigger

• 1 month later...

Here's one for the KIDD, which I just installed.

Outstanding trigger.

I also got their trigger spring tuning kit:

https://coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Pull-Weight-Tuning-Spring-Kit_p_120.html

I installed it along with the green 3.25 trigger return spring. I made no adjustments to the overtravel or sear set screws. Now the trigger has No pretravel, No overtravel, and a super short trigger reset. Trigger is rock-solid with a clean/crisp break.

These two items from Kidd (trigger kit and springs) are all you need to upgrade the PC Carbine trigger, and nothing you don't need.

As of this writing, including shipping, I paid $117.50

Edited by Liberty556

Then trigger/sear/disconnector arrangement and safety are very similar to the 10/22 trigger group. But the bolt hold-open and other internals are completely different and, of course, there is no magazine release. 

As an aside to any Southpaws reading this, the Tactical Innovations left-handed safety for the 10/22 installs and works identically in the PCC trigger group.

I installed a complete drop in trigger upgrade from Ruger on my 10/22. It was the whole set up, no parts swap. I don't know if they offer this on the carbine though?

If they do I would research it. The 10/22 comes with a pretty awful trigger out of the box. I would call the drop in upgrade only half as awful. If there are aftermarket parts available for them I would look there first.

I installed a complete drop in trigger upgrade from Ruger on my 10/22. It was the whole set up, no parts swap. I don't know if they offer this on the carbine though?

If they do I would research it. The 10/22 comes with a pretty awful trigger out of the box. I would call the drop in upgrade only half as awful. If there are aftermarket parts available for them I would look there first.

The drop ins do not work you have to get the kidd or the volquartsen kit

Watch the videos. It is pretty easy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is very straight forward and easy to swap the trigger assembly in the Ruger. Remove the action from the stock. Push the two pins holding the trigger group in the action. Push the two pins holding the trigger and hammer in the housing.

Reverse the process to install the new trigger group.

Probaly took me a total of 10-15 mins.

Edited by BigBamBoo
6 hours ago, MegaCleanCab said:

I run Winchester primers which are pretty soft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it from an old school USPSA revolver shooter.........

3....teddy bears

2... baby bunnies

1...Federal primers

By far the softest solid object known to man.  Do a 2.5# trigger(SA which will give you about a 5.5DA) job on a 625 and these little miracles will go bang every time !

Just ask a guy that shot revolver class back in the day of .45acp wheel guns who used Winchester or Remington factory ammo !

6 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

I kept the the factory hammer spring as I could not “feel” any difference between the Volquartsen and the factory one. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2018 at 5:20 PM, Liberty556 said:

Update: Unfortunately, the Kidd kit is not totally compatible with the PC Carbine. The hammer appears to tend to follow the bolt rather than reset, and so you get some burst fire every other trigger pull or so.... I think the disconnector may be jumping the engagement on the hammer. If you use the factory hammer, though, the problem stops. For the money, I would still recommend the upgrade if you want to shorten up trigger overtravel / reset. Just don't use the Kidd hammer. Hopefully they will come out with a more robust hammer for the PCC.

Edited by Liberty556
  • 2 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 6:36 PM, BigBamBoo said:

I kept the the factory hammer spring as I could not “feel” any difference between the Volquartsen and the factory one. 

On 8/8/2018 at 6:23 PM, sschultz said:

Be careful with the fireing pin spring we experienced light primer strikes with  Volquartsen Spring.

So which kit and parts did you both or either of you use from Volquartsen?

1 minute ago, TRUBL said:

I like the looks of the tandemkross trigger, and truth be known the PC carbine comes with BX trigger parts. So putting just that trigger would be a huge upgrade IMHO, cause it needs a stiffer trigger and stop

And you save about $100.

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to get my hands on Tandemkross' Ruger® PC Carbine™ Competition Combo (https://www.tandemkross.com/Ruger-PC-Carbine-Competition-Combo_p_518.html) that they offered only during the holidays for $94.99. although you can get both items individually. plus i got extra sear springs since im at it :)

This kit contains:
1 x "Victory" Trigger for Ruger® PC Carbine™
1 x "Game Changer PRO" 9MM Compensator for Ruger® PC Carbine™

where i got the Red Victory Trigger and Black Game Changer Pro. I dont really think the compensator was needed but im usually having problems with older timers during matches as they often cannot pickup the time for my shots which those with compensator that virtually has the same bullet specs as mine, doesnt have that problem. lets see if it would help.

Edited by aRjayboy

I have the TandemKross and I have mixed feelings about it. It looks good and it did reduce the pull to a range that feels good as I have no accurate way to measure. However, due to the change I feel like the trigger is noticeably slower to reset. Since reset isnt very tactile, I've accidentally squeeze followup shots on a trigger that wasnt reset yet. Not sure how much is just a user error but I adjusted the over travel stop on the trigger to see if that helps now that I should have less.