Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Triggers- Good God!

So many trigger choices for PCC. AND so many stories of them not working reliably to some extent. Thinking of just leaving it stock milspec but don't want to short change myself. Thoughts?

You can certainly run milspec but it sucks for competition.  I've personally tested Velocity triggers which are a no-go for AR9s due to doubling after about 500 rounds.

I've been running a Timney 667S hard for a couple of years with zero issues in a ton of USPSA & Steel Challenge matches.

25 minutes ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

You can certainly run milspec but it sucks for competition.  I've personally tested Velocity triggers which are a no-go for AR9s due to doubling after about 500 rounds.

I've been running a Timney 667S hard for a couple of years with zero issues in a ton of USPSA & Steel Challenge matches.

Same here.  I've got a total of 4 Timney 667S's in everything from a POF P308 down to my DI AR-45.  They're good to go.  

I have a PCC for USPSA running a Hiperfire 24 3G, a PCC for Steel Challenge running a Hiperfire 24C and my daughter has a PCC running a Hiperfire 24C.  Guess what trigger We like in our PCC's?

Milspec is ok for just plinking though.

2 hours ago, CharlieD said:

There are a ton of JP GMR PCCs out there, we have 6,000rnds through ours without issue.  So a JP trigger is a pretty safe bet.

The "safe bets" are JP and Hiperfire.  I prefer the yellow springs in my JP and have no problems setting off rifle or pistol primers with that combination.  

1 hour ago, BayouSlide said:

No problems here with a Hiperfire 3G (w/strongest springs for lightest pull) in a PSA lower running a Taccom upper.

:cheers:

Curtis

This is the exact setup I am running.  I did however break a firing pin at around 600 rounds.  Not sure if it was due to the hammer force or not.  New pin has about 800 rounds on it now.

17 hours ago, L9X25 said:

The "safe bets" are JP and Hiperfire.  I prefer the yellow springs in my JP and have no problems setting off rifle or pistol primers with that combination.  

I have two PCCs and these are the triggers I use. The HF has over 20K on it, the JP is around 5K. So far so good. 

Current JP triggers at ~35,000 and ~40,000 rounds. Still rocking. Sometimes it's hard to keep absolute round counts, I tend to loan them out at matches :rolleyes:. Random ammo, suppressed, high rates of fire, other ideal conditions. 

I'd be happy to help you along with a trigger that will last :devil:

Built my last PCC using a American Gold Trigger.....BUT....using a Taccom Extreme Bolt...it has more "depth" as in a true AR-15 bolt so there is no problem with resetting the trigger.  Other PCCs I have use the Hiperfire 24C and JP's.  No problem with any of them. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, Tampa-XD45 said:

I'm curious about your assessment of the Velocity triggers. I have a couple in a couple of AR's, not 9mm PCC guns. Is there a difference when used with a 9mm, or are you saying they have a shelf life of 500rds? One is in my wife's gun and another in a gun I built for a friend, neither has close to 500 rds through it.