Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New barrel bushing?

Max It

Hi Ya, I seem to be getting larger groups now would a new barrel bushing help?

CZ75B with 10,000 rounds thru.

It has slight barrel wiggle when locked up. Maybe .0001 or 2 maybe. I can’t accurately measure.

Much obliged, Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi Ya ZZT, i ordered a new barrel bushing from Cajun Gun Works; i needed a new front f.o. sight anyway.

at least that's how i will tell my wife when she sees the 100. bill. :D

Well I installed the barrel bushing. Nice and tight. Also new fiber optic front sight. All together good. Still need to adjust the two screws on trigger. I’m not doing well on that one as I have to feel the dear and the discombuberstors [emoji848]. Which I can’t. Off to gunny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, what were the measurements between your barrel and the old bushing versus the new bushing? I'm thinking it may be time to replace the bushing on my Shadow. Barrel is at .5500 external, bushing is .5575 internal. CGW lists their bushing ID as .5515 - .5520.

It's time Grumpy.  A bushing on one of my CZ TS slides had opened up to .008" larger than the OD of the barrel.  Groups were horrible.  I had a custom tool steel replacement bushing machined to .001" over bore OD, and the improvement was phenomenal.  CGW did not offer their bushing at the time.  I did replace the bushing on my other TS slide with a CGW bushing while I was having other work done.  It works well.  I did it because it is supposed to be harder than the CZ bushing, and should last longer.

mine second TSO came new  with  14.32mm  (0.0133" larger than barrel dia.)  and  original factory target of 66mm . more than 2.6" group  of vertical spread.

of coarse it's need better bushing.

So I didn’t measure them. However the match barrel bushing is very smooth and very tight. 

I fired 20 or so rounds. 1/2 factory 1/2 my reloads. Not a huge difference so far. 

I got called away. More later.   

• 3 weeks later...

well i haven't done a steel competition in over two years; so here goes... this weekend. I will take my newly re-minted CZ75B SA

of course the new barrel bushing will help, 

on the other hand i am two years more into being a 'super senior'. that's what GSSF calls me.

anyway its all the same accuracy as ever.

did i do the right thing? so what. i have it now.

thanks for the encouragement guys!

so i shot the 3gun match;

turned out good for me.

i am definitely slower than before, not sure if it is the pistol or my reaction time.

rifle work needs help, i have no fluidity with it.

the good part; i went 2 hours early and helped set up. so they didn't charge me for the match. so since i had my $20 in hand i bought raffle tickets.

i won $100 in product.

good match

• 5 weeks later...

I hate to be a party poop but if after only 10k rounds you have enough bushing wear to cause serious accuracy problems then either the bushing is of poor quality, the bushing was improperly installed or your lubricant isn't up to the task.

Hi Ya Cold, I’m sure your right. Oil is Ballistol. Fiber optics didn’t do much either. I should have sent gun to Cajun or CZC. 

Anyway using CZ for steel requires me to use manual safety which slows target acquisitions. I think I’ll switch back to my XD9 Tactical. 

CZ fine for paper indoor matches. They are sorta like bullseye. 

Much obliged, Max