Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW floating trigger pin

johnbu

Ok, couple years back i switched all my guns over to this "luxury" item. They are GREAT. They make removing and inserting the trigger vastly easier.

Sadly, while investigating a funky feel in my trigger, i found it broken! Ouch! Not even sure how enough force was applied to break it. But dad always said i could break an anvil with a feather... (It's my special skill. Lol)

Anyway, i was thinking just buy another one when a friend said CGW stands behind their stuff and to contact them. So, i sent them a picture and short email. They responded within 10 minutes with an apology about it breaking and that a new one was on the way. Wow, now that's customer service!

Just letting people know!

20180622_085028.jpg

14 hours ago, johnbu said:

They make removing and inserting the trigger vastly easier.

I just line up the hole in the trigger with the frame and stick a punch in one side & then drive the trigger pin in from the other side. I do not know why anyone would find that to be difficult, but the floating pin is only $12 or so and I do not want to start a debate. 

You don't need a punch + hammer to put on the floating pin.  Just fingers. 

To take it off, however, you do need something sharp to push it out.  Still you don't need a hammer. 

For clean freaks who like to detail clean every 1000 rounds, the floating pin is a big plus.

Edited by Dazhi

I need a couple of those floating trigger pins. The Tanfo roll pin is a pain to get in and out.  Is this the same or similar to the Canik trigger pin that some people use?

I'll have to see if Cajun ships to canada but I doubt it.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:22 PM, Glenzo said:

I need a couple of those floating trigger pins. The Tanfo roll pin is a pain to get in and out.  Is this the same or similar to the Canik trigger pin that some people use?

I'll have to see if Cajun ships to canada but I doubt it.

Yes, it is the CGW floating trigger pin for the Canik pistols.

1 hour ago, Trinimon said:

I use the unfluted ends of old broken drill bits to make slave pins. I've use q-tip stems before too.

Dunno how I managed without slave pins in the past 'cept for a whole bunch of cuss'n.

If you ever make a slave pin that has too large of a diameter to go through the frame but not too large go through the trigger, you will cuss once again. 

I know this. 

6 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

If you ever make a slave pin that has too large of a diameter to go through the frame but not too large go through the trigger, you will cuss once again. 

I know this. 

Lol, we definitely live in the same gun world. ?

I use the CGW trigger pin in my Shadow 2 and it reduced the trigger pull by 1/4#; I wasn't expecting that.  I was going to try one in my Stock 2.  Does the Stock 2 use the trigger pin for the CZ or the Canik?

The stock 2 and canik uses a slightly bigger diameter trigger pin compared to the shadow 2. CGW accidentally sent me. canik trigger pin when I ordered mine and I was surprised when it wasn’t going in until I read the tag on the plastic bag it came with and it says, “Canik trigger pin”.

for slave pin, get a broken drill bit measuring .086” or use the hammer retaining pin. It’s the same size.

I know this. 

I definitely had that problem for a good 15-25 minutes. Then I figured it out and just used needle nose pliers to position the spring, and pushed through the pin in 2 tries.

I finally got around to installing the Canik trigger pin yesterday. Are there two sizes because I looked at the PD website and the CGW part number says for CZ75 and the pin I have has a 2.46mm diameter. Is this the correct pin for the Tanfoglio/EAA? Seems to fit and work ok.

3 hours ago, Trinimon said:

I finally got around to installing the Canik trigger pin yesterday. Are there two sizes because I looked at the PD website and the CGW part number says for CZ75 and the pin I have has a 2.46mm diameter. Is this the correct pin for the Tanfoglio/EAA? Seems to fit and work ok.

Yes, there are two sizes. The smaller one measures 2.18 on the ends and the center measures about 1.82 in the middle.

Ahh ok. I guess I got the correct one for my Tanfoglio. Whew. Thanks!

Now I got to find a source for a CGW pin for the Shadow 2 that will ship to Canada.

Edited by Trinimon