Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Took my wife shooting and she fell in love with my PSA 9mm PCC.  She said she needed one of her own so I jokingly told her to buy me a JP and she could have the PSA.  She bought me a GMR15 on gunbroker last night.  Can’t wait to get my hands on it.  I have a C-More tactical railway 6moa sight coming also.  

35 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

In all fairness, my wife actually shoots that thing much better than I do. In fact, at one match one of the people waiting in the squad behind us after she shot said, “Well, I guess we know who’s grabbing the kids and who’s grabbing the guns, huh?” Lol

That's funny 

congrats on keeping a great wife!!

mine wouldn't go so far as buying me a gun, but she does great at letting me buy one, or two, or three, or ok, a dozen or two without too much grief...

i've been super happy with my gmr13 and sure the 15 is just that much better, enjoy!

On 6/23/2018 at 5:59 AM, sandrooney said:

Does she have a sister?

I was waiting for someone to post this!! hahahaha, she does not, unfortunately.  

My wife is new to the whole shooting thing so I'll keep the JP away from her as to avoid her trying to seize it!  

19 hours ago, S&W686 said:

I have a GMR-15 and love my rifle.  Enjoy your new rifle and take your wife out to dinner!

What ammo are you running for the JP?  I have one on order and there seems to be a wide variety of loads being used.  Any recommendations are appreciated!

56 minutes ago, Mike H said:

What ammo are you running for the JP?  I have one on order and there seems to be a wide variety of loads being used.  Any recommendations are appreciated!

So fsr my experience with 9mm ARs has shown that bullet & powder choice matter even less in a 6 pound AR than they do in a 1.5-2 pound handgun.

There’s a reason there are a lot of loads being run.

I will say that, personally, a 124gr can be loaded so hilariously soft that I see absolutely no reason to feed rifles a 147.

6 hours ago, Mike H said:

I am using Precision Delta 124gr JHP bullets.  Powder is VV N320 with 3.8gr and C.O.L 1.125.  Since you are going with the JP make sure your power factor is 125000 or higher.  A shooting buddy got his new JP in and got 5 rounds stuck in the barrel before he figured out the bullets weren't coming out.  JP told him that their barrel tolerances are very tight and most likely his power factor was not high enough to push the bullet through the barrel.  Here is a link from JP on this issue.

Edited by S&W686
21 minutes ago, S&W686 said:

I am using Precision Delta 124gr JHP bullets.  Powder is VV N320 with 3.8gr and C.O.L 1.125.  Since you are going with the JP make sure your power factor is 125000 or higher.  A shooting buddy got his new JP in an got 5 rounds stuck in the barrel before he figured out the bullets weren't coming out.  JP told him that their barrel tolerances are very tight and he most likely his power factor was not high enough to push the bullet through the barrel.  Here is a link from JP on this issue.

I watched that video before I ordered and is why I'm leery about trying to develop my own load.  I don't want to be the new JP barrel squib king.  I read the JP pdf on the website, but was hoping for a bit more info.  Your response is exactly what I needed, I appreciate it!

I have a 1000 rounds of 124gr that have been gathering dust for a year, so that's excellent news.  I've shot several different PCC makes and loads, and I can't feel any noticeable difference in recoil (like shooting a .22) or performance.

12 hours ago, Mike H said:

I watched that video before I ordered and is why I'm leery about trying to develop my own load.  I don't want to be the new JP barrel squib king.

Run your standard 9mm ammo through the gun first. If it’s 130 PF in a handgun and 125-147gr with Titegroup/N320 type powder burn rates, they’ll usually chono 140-148 in a rifle.

That absolutely will not hurt anything. You certainly won’t squib it. The guys who did that were trying stupid things like running 2-point-something grains of titegroup beneath a 124 to get the gun down around 127 PF.

I have a 1000 rounds of 124gr that have been gathering dust for a year, so that's excellent news.  I've shot several different PCC makes and loads, and I can't feel any noticeable difference.

Exactly. Ammo isn’t a big deal in PCC: it weighs triple what a Production gun does, and is braced against your shoulder.

Spend time making a 140pf load shoot totally flat by tuning your buffer and spring and compensator to your ammo. Investing your energy working up a slightly softer 130pf load doesn’t help nearly as much as getting your gun to shoot flat.

I know for a fact that the US guys who just placed in the top 5 at the Czech’s European Extreme match in PCC did so shooting hotter 124s or 115s, not super soft 147s.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

When my JP gets in I will be running 6.6grs of HS-6 behind a 124gr Montana Gold JHP. The PF is about 136-140 at 1.150. I shortened it by 1/100 to ensure good pressure.

Edited by BiggMike

Wives and kids.  I used to have a GMR 13 until I let my kid shoot it in a match... Now he has one and I have a GMR 15. So I guess it isn't all bad. I still get to see her in the safe and talk about the good times.  Now I just get to wait for him to start beating me.....

• 2 weeks later...