Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ's and Blue Bullets

Bulldog317

Hey Guy's new to the forum and new to  CZ's. So,  I have been shooting Glock's and  Blue Bullets for a while.

My 34 seems to like them pretty good, but I just bought my first CZ SPO1 Custom Target II and was wondering what people like / think of Blue Bullets out of them.

I'm kinda partial to them for a few reasons, they support the shooting sports, ship fast, and I'm part of their  sponsor program so I also get the discount on each  order.

I shoot both USPSA Production and IDPA.

I run  the 147 Flat Nose  with  3.3 Gr of T.G  with OAL is 1.135

I was reading that some people say they are not that accurate out of CZ barrels...just wondering what people think and what they prefer to run in their CZ.

Thanks for the input.

I think in terms of accuracy and consistency, Blue Bullets are the worst of any coated I've ever shot. That's not to say they are bad. They work great and are accurate enough for our game. Just when compared to other coated manufacturer's they show larger groups when I don't know what I'm shooting. (I load different bullets into my S2 mags and then don't look which one is going in the gun. That way I can't somehow play favorites when I'm testing)

I think in terms of accuracy and consistency, Blue Bullets are the worst of any coated I've ever shot. That's not to say they are bad. They work great and are accurate enough for our game. Just when compared to other coated manufacturer's they show larger groups when I don't know what I'm shooting. (I load different bullets into my S2 mags and then don't look which one is going in the gun. That way I can't somehow play favorites when I'm testing)

If they are the worst, what’s the best coated bullet in your testing? Never used blues.

1 hour ago, Bulldog317 said:

Hey Guy's new to the forum and new to  CZ's. So,  I have been shooting Glock's and  Blue Bullets for a while.

My 34 seems to like them pretty good, but I just bought my first CZ SPO1 Custom Target II and was wondering what people like / think of Blue Bullets out of them.

I'm kinda partial to them for a few reasons, they support the shooting sports, ship fast, and I'm part of their  sponsor program so I also get the discount on each  order.

I shoot both USPSA Production and IDPA.

I run  the 147 Flat Nose  with  3.3 Gr of T.G  with OAL is 1.135

I was reading that some people say they are not that accurate out of CZ barrels...just wondering what people think and what they prefer to run in their CZ.

Thanks for the input.

They run fine through CZs. That load will work fine, though I've gotten it down to 3.1g TG under a 147 blue bullet.  

26 minutes ago, MNshooter said:

If they are the worst, what’s the best coated bullet in your testing? Never used blues.

Between the coated bullets I have used (blue, acme, precision, BBI), acme was the most accurate on my shadow 2 and TSO. I was loading it with 4.1 Gr of Winchester 231 @1.102” OAL. However, I have since switched over to RMR 124 Gr truncated cone flat points and they’re as accurate as the acme on my guns.

I have not had any problems with Blue Bullets. Only problem I know is when people run their 355 9mm bullets. Usually with coated lead you want a little more diameter for the rifling to have something to bite into. Jacketed bullets are fine at 355, they're harder so the rifling has enough material to bite into. That's usually where you find people that have accuracy problems. 355 lead bullets is softer than jacketed and just doesn't have enough material for the rifling to do it's job. Slug your barrel and see what you need to run. Most of the time it's 356. Sometimes might even take 357. I run Blue Bullets 125gr 356 diameter RN 9mm with 3.9gr of Titegroup with excellent results.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I shoot blue bullets 147 round nose with 3.2 grains Tite group and it makes 2.5 inches at 25 yards in my SP01. I haven't used any other coated bullet.

The CZs have shorter throats than the glocks. I ended up at a 1.115 overall length. This load works with all my 9mms.

Edited by DesertTortoise

me and my buddy have switched to ibejiheads 147 flat nosed. 

With 3.4 of W231 we make 130 and above PF and they shoot nice and accurate.

RMR's were the fav's but no one seems to have the 147 flat heads anymore  :(

The blues work great. They are the best I have used. My favorite is the 135TC. I can load longer with them and the accuracy was good. 2” groups at 20yrds. If you guys want to try them use code (Moser) for a discount. Good  product, great family owned company and they sponsor a lot of matches. 

Blue Bullets are certainly good enough for USPA/IDPA shooting.  Whether they work well and are accurate enough out of your pistol(s) with your brass, powder, primer, and COL is another story.  They may (stress the wold may) not be good enough for shooting at 50 yds.  But then that is rare in our sport. 

I prefer Precision Bullets https://precisionbullets.com, Kemp, TX, over Blue Bullets.  Disclaimer:  I only use .45 ACP coated bullets.  Weight:  Both very close to declared weights.  Typical +/- 0.2 grain.  Blue Bullets over twice the extreme spread of Precision.  Standard deviations  Blue Bullets much larger than Precision as you would expect from the extreme spread.  Mean and median weights very close together for both.  Did not check diameters or lengths.  However.  I had a huge problem getting consistent seating depth with Blue Bullets and not with Precision which leads to believe the BB length varies.  No issues with feeding and none with accuracy (for the matches I shot using BB); both are good enough for USPSA.  

Major problem:  My last BB order, which was shipped in a medium/large USPS Priority Mail box, lost its stiffness and was so flexible it was almost impossible to pickup and move to my reloading area.  The box weight was 60+ pounds.  USPS does not print burst strength on their boxes (or at least the ones I have).  The USPS box had split,  The BB box adjacent to the split also split as did the plastic bag inside the BB box.  The BB box dumped its contents on removal from the USPS box (partly my fault).  I had to count 600+ bullets to ensure I hadn't lost a bunch.  Each BB box inside the USPS box was so bad beat up they lost all there stiffness and were like a wet wash cloth.  At least one other BB box was split but the plastic bag was not.  If not for the USPS box nearly being incapsulated in fiber reenforced tape, I believe the box would have completely split open.  Bottom line is BB needs to use better boxes for their shipping.  Never experienced the same issue with X-treme Bullets, Precision Delta, Montana Gold, or Precision Bullets.  That use much better boxes that are suitable for the weight of the contents.

28 minutes ago, Max It said:

Hi Ya, CZ barrels are land and groove. G34 are poly; didn’t original poster notice disclaimer on Glocks using lead bullets?

Yes, I know Glocks  don't like reg lead bullets and that was not my inquiry.

FYI, Blues are coated lead bullets and safe in Glocks and run great in my 34, have for the last two years.

Since I'm switching to a CZ was wondering what people thought  of Blues in their CZ's.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, GeneBray said:

Major problem:  My last BB order, which was shipped in a medium/large USPS Priority Mail box, lost its stiffness and was so flexible it was almost impossible to pickup and move to my reloading area.  The box weight was 60+ pounds.  USPS does not print burst strength on their boxes (or at least the ones I have).  The USPS box had split,  The BB box adjacent to the split also split as did the plastic bag inside the BB box.  The BB box dumped its contents on removal from the USPS box (partly my fault).  I had to count 600+ bullets to ensure I hadn't lost a bunch.  Each BB box inside the USPS box was so bad beat up they lost all there stiffness and were like a wet wash cloth.  At least one other BB box was split but the plastic bag was not.  If not for the USPS box nearly being incapsulated in fiber reenforced tape, I believe the box would have completely split open.  Bottom line is BB needs to use better boxes for their shipping.  Never experienced the same issue with X-treme Bullets, Precision Delta, Montana Gold, or Precision Bullets.  That use much better boxes that are suitable for the weight of the contents.

I have nothing against blue bullets. They seem popular around here but I have never used them.  That said, I'm currently using Acme and I love the laser-cut wooden boxes they ship in: they're actually quite handsome and I think I'll use them for storage of various things around the house.

When I was pricing components before my last big order (12/2017) Acme seemed cheapest too.

For 147gr coated, the prices shipped per thousand were:
Acme - $66 (with a 10k order)

Blue - $68 (with a 10k order)

Summers - $69

Acme - $72 (with a 5k order)

Blue - $75 (with a 3k order)

Black - $75

Precision - $76

Chey - $78

Bayou - $81

acme.jpg

I have two barrels for my Glock. The stock barrel shoots better.
Other was bought for the lead issue.
My CZ has different issues. I don’t remember which moly coated brands. All seem same to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like your mail got wet. Maybe see about using the $50 insurance that comes with those boxes for the mailman mishandling your package. 

In ~140,000 Blue Bullets worth of bullets the post office hasn't exactly loved me. But between the thick plastic, inner cardboard box and outer USPS mail box wrapped in packing tape I haven't ever had a double layer (or triple) burst. Sure some packages look like the guy dropped the box on a corner, but all the bullets were still in the box. 

Blue Bullets work great in all my CZs. Shadow 2, SP-01 Shadow, SP-01, Tac Sport (40) all solid and plenty accurate enough for our games. Without going to a Ransom rest I can get 2" groups at 25 yards which is the limit of my eyes at least. I've recovered a bunch of post firing Blue Bullets and to say the coating is tough is an understatement.

9 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Looks like your mail got wet. Maybe see about using the $50 insurance that comes with those boxes for the mailman mishandling your package. 

In ~140,000 Blue Bullets worth of bullets the post office hasn't exactly loved me. But between the thick plastic, inner cardboard box and outer USPS mail box wrapped in packing tape I haven't ever had a double layer (or triple) burst. Sure some packages look like the guy dropped the box on a corner, but all the bullets were still in the box. 

Blue Bullets work great in all my CZs. Shadow 2, SP-01 Shadow, SP-01, Tac Sport (40) all solid and plenty accurate enough for our games. Without going to a Ransom rest I can get 2" groups at 25 yards which is the limit of my eyes at least. I've recovered a bunch of post firing Blue Bullets and to say the coating is tough is an understatement.

Sounds good, I like them and hate change.

Do you run the .355's or the .356 in your 9MM?

Seems like most I talk to  all say they prefer  the .356  and was just wondering if it really makes much of a difference for our games.

Just picked the gun up this past Sat and put 100 rounds thru it  yesterday and seems like a tact driver, very pleased with it and can't wait to run it in a match.

Just now, Bulldog317 said:

Sounds good, I like them and hate change.

Do you run the .355's or the .356 in your 9MM?

Seems like most I talk to  all say they prefer  the .356  and was just wondering if it really makes much of a difference for our games.

Just picked the gun up this past Sat and put 100 rounds thru it  yesterday and seems like a tact driver, very pleased with it and can't wait to run it in a match.

Diameter does matter if your gun doesn't like whichever you pick. Too small can result in tumbling/non-stabilized rounds, leading, poor accuracy, etc.  .356 is generally regarded as good to go in all auto-loaders. Generally.

10 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Diameter does matter if your gun doesn't like whichever you pick. Too small can result in tumbling/non-stabilized rounds, leading, poor accuracy, etc.  .356 is generally regarded as good to go in all auto-loaders. Generally.

Gotcha.

Shot the 147 Flat's for a while and Blue doesn't have them in the .356.

Guess I'll try a sample pack of the round nose in .356 and see what it likes  best...thanks for info!

Blues work great for me.. When I group them from a bench, the group is tight and where it should be.

So, if I aim at the A but shoot a C or D in a match, it's all on me.  

(Sure wish I could blame the gun, or bullet or something else.)

I switched to a CZ SP-01 CO pistol this year, and shot Blue Bullet 147's 95% of the time. They make minor power factor easily, and those are the round nose style. I have also used the Blue 124 grainers with Titegroup, and they are just as accurate and soft shooting.

As far as shipping goes, I dont see how one can blame the bullet company for busted boxes. You are getting free shipping if you order over $150 worth of bullets, and to get that rate, it goes USPS. If I am correct, in order to get reduced shipping rates, you must use the USPS box. That the Post Office drops the box or gets them wet is not BB's fault. My post office delivery person is so tired of me, they pull up to the front door and let me know if I want the damn things, come on out and get them. We have one of those community box systems, and they are pretty full.

Between Blue Bullets and "free" shipping from Amazon, I am one popular guy.