Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacing trigger return spring?

Tattoo

I need to install a CGW reduced power trigger return spring.  Is there a trick to doing it without stripping down the entire lower?  

Maybe just grab it with some needle nosed pliers?  The short side goes behind the trigger?  Thanks

T

Eh, I bet you can do it, but it'll be such a PITA.

Needle nose pliers and a slave pin of some sort will be the best bet.  Either perform the install inside of a bag, to catch the spring when it WILL launch out or buy a bakers dozen.

3 hours ago, Tattoo said:

I need to install a CGW reduced power trigger return spring.  Is there a trick to doing it without stripping down the entire lower?  

Nothing tricky about it I don't think, you need a slave pin that is the right length and diameter (a warning, make sure it is small enough to fit through the frame, the hole in the trigger can be larger than the hole in the frame). 

Else you do not have a lot of room but I just use the slave pin and a punch for alignment & fiddle about & it gets the job done. I've installed CGW floating trigger pins on guns but after a few goes I've decided I don't need them. 

Thanks for the opinions.  I just thought there might be something of an easy trick to do it say at a match if it broke.  I only have the one at the house and do not want to lose it, so I will probably just tear down the frame again.  First time doing it and new to the gun, but it wasn’t horrible.  Lots of tiny parts...  ?

T

20 minutes ago, clw42 said:

Here's a video of someone doing it with everything in situ

Wow!  I just did this on the second try in like 45 seconds!  Thanks for the video!

T