Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need CO mags for my G17

wdfwguy

Just about any basepad made to fit the 140 length rule should work just fine - Dawson, TTI, Taylor Freelance, etc. Most of these ship with a new spring that you use with your existing follower. To ensure reliability, there is some filing and sanding you can do to the followers to make sure they go through the transition between mag body and extension smoothly. 

1 hour ago, TrackCage said:

If you want 140mm mags on a budget, consider the magpul 21 rounders. Yes, you're a round or two short compared to basepads but the savings is considerable

I use the magpul 21 rounders and they work great! I don’t see the two less rounds as a real disadvantage. Always a spot to change mags. 

I have the Dawson's on factory mags, and a 21rd. Magpul mag, and a bunch of the 17rd. Magpuls. I think Dawson might be dropping the +5/6 extensions, they aren't on the website anymore. Brownells has them, for $42. Add $25 for a factory mag. The big Magpuls are a steal. 

I had plenty of factory mags, so I picked up 4 Dawson base pads.  Just installing them, I really like the look and the design.  I'm taking them to the range this afternoon to try them out.

The TTIs look really nice, but I found the Dawson's for considerably less $ and I really like the way they go on and off

And I did pick up a couple of TTI basepads for my Shadow, just haven't installed them yet

On 6/19/2018 at 12:20 PM, OPENB said:

I have the Dawson's on factory mags, and a 21rd. Magpul mag, and a bunch of the 17rd. Magpuls. I think Dawson might be dropping the +5/6 extensions, they aren't on the website anymore. Brownells has them, for $42. Add $25 for a factory mag. The big Magpuls are a steal. 

https://dawsonprecision.com/basepad-hicap-for-glock-extended-tool-less-design-by-dawson-precision/

Those weren't on there when I looked last week. Must have made more. Glad they aren't discontinued, they are $10 cheaper than Brownells price. But, I doubt I go with any extensions on factory mags with Magpuls available for $19, $17 with the LEO discount. 

I’ve got half a dozen Magpul and ETS mags, and one factory mag with TTI extension. They all run great. 

I can buy two Magpul 140s for the price of one extension. I run them most often. 

I got some arredondo +5 extensions before magpul released their GL9 21 round mags.  I can usually get 23 rounds into the glock mags with these extensions.  This is nice, but when you can buy the magpul 21 rounders for 15 bucks at Primary Arms, it doesn't make sense to spend so much money on a bunch of extensions.  Most of the time, having a capacity of 21 or 23 won't matter because you'll probably reload once either way.  Though it might be an advantage sometimes to start with 23+1 and then reload with a 21.  

• 2 weeks later...

The Glock factory 24 round 9mm mag is too long to be CO legal, by a good bit. It appears to be identical in length to the Glock factory 22 round mag for 40, so would only be legal for open. We just discussed this under a topic in USPSA shooting. For what it is worth, the 24 round 9 mag appears to be a bit of a unicorn anyway. Glockmeister has them now, but they are/were listed at $35 on sale. Midway does not even have them in stock yet and it appears they will be close to $40 when they do come in. That price will probably come down some as more are available.