Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 Sig Sauer Multi-Gun Challenge: 15-18 November 2018

Fort Benning's Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) is once again hosting the Multi-Gun Challenge that will be supported by a variety of Fort Benning organizations to include the United States Army Marksmanship Unit (USAMU).  This years competition will have 12 new stages and will be held on 3 of Fort Benning's many ranges.  There will be 8 stages on Krilling Range which is also home of the USAMU Action Shooting Team, 3 stages on Parks Range and 1 stage on Shelton Range.  We have attached the schedule of events, range rules and key information on how to gain access on to Fort Benning.  Registration starts 19 June 2018 @ 10:00 A.M. and registration ends 15 November 2018 @ 6:00 P.M.  Match cost is $300.  All registration is done through Practiscore @  https://practiscore.com/sig-sauer-fort-benning-multi-gun-challenge/register.   For any questions, please feel free to contact Fort Benning Outdoor Recreation @ 706-545-7978.

2018 MULTIGUN RULES.DOCX

2018 Multigun GATE ACCESS TO FORT BENNING.DOCX

2018 Multigun Event Schedule.docx

Back during the first Fort Benning matches (2005-2010), they filled up in .25 second! At least you have a chance at getting in now. I am looking forward to another fun filled Fort Benning match!

Hurley

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Htownfister said:

Only a couple days away! Pretty excited to be shooting this match! Any pointers from past shooters that you might willing to share?

Follow the guidelines about base access and speed limits, make sure that your vehicle insurance card and tag are up to date (at my first Ft. Benning match, the guy I was riding with didn't have the current tag receipt, but had the correct year tag on his truck, they almost didn't let us have a vehicle pass) . Read the match rules. Approach the shooting as you would at any other match. Enjoy the match and have fun!

Hurley

56 minutes ago, HRider said:

Follow the guidelines about base access and speed limits, make sure that your vehicle insurance card and tag are up to date (at my first Ft. Benning match, the guy I was riding with didn't have the current tag receipt, but had the correct year tag on his truck, they almost didn't let us have a vehicle pass) . Read the match rules. Approach the shooting as you would at any other match. Enjoy the match and have fun!

Hurley

Hurley,

Thank you, I’m stationed here at Benning so i have the gate access covered. Not sure where the ranges are yet so that’s on my to-do list for tomorrow. Going to recon the ranges and try to do a walk through of all the stages. Unfortunately, I have 24hr duty tomorrow into Friday so Friday morning will be interesting. I have packed everything so that I can just pick everything up once i get off Friday morning and head straight to the match. Will be fun!!

• 2 weeks later...

Another Ft Benning match is done! I had an awesome time shooting with squad 9. It was good to catch up with old friends and make new aquaintances. I would like to thank the USAMU for hosting the match. As always, the AMU personnel running the stages were very efficient and professional. Thank you to the lieutenants that were resetting on every stage also. Thanks to the MWR for having the match and a big thank you to Ft Benning Command for allowing the match to be held and open to civilians! 

I really enjoyed the Special Forces trailer and the Bradley display. No one could have picked a better ambassador for the Army and Cavalry than Staff Seargent Crawford to showcase the Bradley! He is very knowledgable and is good at explaining things. He really seems to like the Bradley. I enjoyed seeing and shooting the M320 grenade  launcher on stage 9.

The stages were challenging and I liked the options of engaging paper with pistol or rifle, but they were stages that one would see at any normal bay match in the world. They lacked the "Ft Benning" traditions. By that, I mean that I have come to expect Military themed stages at Ft Benning. I expect to see swinging bridges, barbed wire fault lines, shooting out of a boat, hanging on to a rope on a wall, shooting/crawling through tunnels, getting out of a parachute harness, breaching a door, a shoot house, a blind stage, starting in the back of a Bradley, MRAP, bus or some other vehicle, shooting small plates inside of bunkers, etc. I used to enjoy when each stage was themed after a Medal of Honor recipient and the citation was read to each squad or when the stages were theater or conflict themed.

This was my seventh Ft Benning match and I will definately be back next year, provided the match is held and God willing. 

Hurley Rider