Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Equip Clam shells/Swingers

turbopower18

My apologies in advance if this should be posted somewhere else. 

I am a member of a small club and would like to increase our range equipment. We have a few Pepper Poppers and Mini Poppers, Texas Star, Dueling Tree, and one swinger currently. I would like to increase our inventory of stage props this year. Where has everyone found the best deal on quality equipment. I’m not looking to buy the cheapest stuff for fear of junk but would like to have decent quality equipment at the least. If it can be bought in pre cut material that needs welded and painted that would be great to save on cost as I have access to a welder and such. Thank you in advance for any advice and input!

• 3 weeks later...

I do not care for the MGM clamshell. I had a brand new one fail at a match. The spring temper was incorrect and the springs lost all tension before the second squad was done. I now stick to props that operate with nothing but gravity.

I find the legs on the MGM swinger a little janky, though I'm sure it keeps shipping costs down. I buy my props from a local shooter who is also a welder.