Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LabRadar has bluetooth now...

There is a new software update that has the bluetooth enabled. Corresponding apps on Android and IOS, 

Labradar Bluetooth App Now Available

Download the new firmware v1.2.0 by following the link below. The latest firmware will enable the Bluetooth connectivity on you LabRadar device.
Android App is avilable on Google Play, Apple iOS will be available on the App Store within the next few days!

Directions for Labradar App Download/Connectivitiy 
1. Go to http://www.mylabradar.com/download.php,
2. Select: Labradar Firmware v1.2.0 (EN) Mobile App Ready.
3. Copy the FWA and FWB files to a SD card (or use the USB cable method), Do not put the files in any folder.
4. Insert the SD card in your Labradar and turn it on.
5. On your Android Device, make sure your location service is enable.
6. Download the Labradar App from Google play to your device.
7. Don't pair your Bluetooth device to the Labradar, in order to use the app just connect to your Labradar from within the mobile app.
8.Questions or comments about the App please email us at Appsupport@mylabradar.com
If you need assistance updating your firmware you can follow the video instructions from the YouTube video posted below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbSjwZnGS24&t=1s

So excited...but all I get is communication error. The bluetooth icon appears on the LabRadar but then disappears and app says communication error booooo. Looks like one other dude on the playstore has the same issue. Works for you? Good luck at Brass Fest!

*edit

So after about 50 attempts to connect, reinstallation of the phone app 5 times it magically connected! I installed the app on a tablet and the first try failed but the second try worked! I'm connected! Going to test this out in the morning.

Edited by woodrow

Updated my F/W yesterday. Using Android phone (Samsung), I connected easily and it downloaded the current shot info I had. Nice to be able to see the info on the phone. I did have to go to settings and set units for velocity, weight, etc. as it didn’t use what was on the chrono.

Looks like I’ll be able to arm from the phone. Very handy and nice improvement!

So went to the range and everything connected and all was good except for the fact that it won't pick up any shots now. Bluetooth or normal operation, I adjusted the sesnitivity, okayed with the distances everything I can think of. But nothing it just sits there armed. I guess I'll reload the old firmware and then send an email off to them. Wish I can share the enjoyment with you guys.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Wish it was that simple man. But I went through hours of playing with it. I know where the downloads section is, I downloaded the firmware, got the quick start the other day. Its a nice revision too.

Played with every parameter I could. Positioning, placement even adjusting baffles to the sides of me. It just sat there and picked up nothing. Bluetooth and no bluetooth just nothing. Tried different pistols too. I'll send them an email and see what they say.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Any update Woodrow?  Thx

Actually yes. I updated to the newest firmware a while ago and finally got to try it out earlier today. Worked like a charm!

I remembered something about the first bluetooth supported version requiring location to be turned on and I didn't like that. But this one I didn't notice that being part of the equation. I used an old Kindle Fire, that doesn't have location, to pair it up and it worked awesome.