Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Transition training help

Cgoliver970

9 hours ago, Tgun84 said:

I am new shooter and trying to improve my transition. Tried BEnos Transition drill. transition time is around 0.5-0.6 for all alpha. So total time for 9 shots are still around 8 s. 

not sure what his part 2 is as he is not yet replying yet. 

What is the correct eye focus:

1. Call the shot
2. Find next target
3. Magically by feeling waiting for your sight to appear on target?

or

3. Track your sight to your target

The first choice.  With practice you will eventually find the gun will naturally go to where you are looking.  After that starts to happen, work on seeing the sight on target sooner....don’t spend an entire second confirming your sight picture is acceptable.

23 hours ago, Tgun84 said:

I am new shooter and trying to improve my transition. Tried BEnos Transition drill. transition time is around 0.5-0.6 for all alpha. So total time for 9 shots are still around 8 s. 

not sure what his part 2 is as he is not yet replying yet. 

What is the correct eye focus:

1. Call the shot
2. Find next target
3. Magically by feeling waiting for your sight to appear on target?

or

3. Track your sight to your target

for Call shots in dry fire, I think it's to confirm the sight picture in your head clearly when you break/press the trigger,(just like asking yourself, "am I on A"). It includes two parts: 1 call sight picture, 2 call your trigger press. 

Do not track your sight during transition, just like use a mouse on computer, move your eye to next target, focus on a spot of the target, move the sight to that spot.

Edited by highhope

Can someone share what their transition? so I could have a goal to aim. 

I am the only guy doing IPSC at my current shooting range. Thus practically no one to compare as others are just simply doin static target shooting

19 hours ago, Tgun84 said:

Can someone share what their transition? so I could have a goal to aim. 

I am the only guy doing IPSC at my current shooting range. Thus practically no one to compare as others are just simply doin static target shooting

Funny! Same here. The other shooters dont even understand what i´m doing. To them i seem like an alien :)  It´s kind of hard to get better.