Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What pelican case for my open gun

DClass

I have a couple different cases. I have the Pelican 1520 that I use for two guns. It's large enough to carry two open guns and mags. I also use a 1450 that is just big enough for the two open guns. I know a few people who use the 1400 due to is being a bit thinner. I also have a small SKB case that will just hold one gun no mags. 

One gun and mags should fit fine in the 1450. 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, turbopower18 said:

I’d like something that would fit in the bottom compartment of a Large DAA Range bag. Any pics of the cases you guys and gals are using?

the medium CED case fits in the bottom perfectly. 

• 3 months later...

I know the thread is a little old, but I just found foam for a pelican 1450 that is 4 pieces (giant middle piece cut in half) instead of three.  This allowed me to put an open gun on each layer with room to spare.  I was going to get a pelican 1520 but I'm glad I found this as it gets the job done and doesn't take up as much room in the luggage.  Hope it helps.

https://www.amazon.com/CVPKG-Presents-Pelican-piece-upgraded/dp/B01BQY5T1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537479821&sr=8-1&keywords=pelican+1450+foam

I have a couple different cases. I have the Pelican 1520 that I use for two guns. It's large enough to carry two open guns and mags. I also use a 1450 that is just big enough for the two open guns. I know a few people who use the 1400 due to is being a bit thinner. I also have a small SKB case that will just hold one gun no mags. 

One gun and mags should fit fine in the 1450. 

What model SKB case is that? Thanks.

9 hours ago, Aggieddad02 said:

If you contact Brack Wilson at Patriot Cases, he can hook you up with a case that has all of the necessary cutouts for whatever guns you have.  He is a great guy to work with also

+1. Patriot are very nice cases that are pretty much custom