Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations for Glock 33 rd Mag Extentions

Magwell  ->  contact bmiller here on the forum   I have an early aluminum one from Brian that I will never let go (will probably get buried with me).

Mag Extensions  -> MBX 47 rd Mini and Dawson Precision +5

Factory Glock mags for most of my shooting and 21 rd Magpul Glock mags for mandatory reloads during classifiers (the hard slick plastic on the Magpul mags just seems to load faster/better.)

I'm too old to put up with accessories that do not work.  All of the above are excellent additions to your equipment.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I'll second the MBX Mini extensions.  Make sure you clean out ALL the excess plastic flashing when installing them on OEM Glock tubes.  I half-assed it the first time I installed one on a Glock tube after having such an easy time installing them on two ETS tubes.  It tested fine in slow fire, but turned into a salt shaker on the first stage.  Once I got it properly cleaned out, it's been working fine.

I also have some TTI +6 pads that I put on Glock 17-rd tubes that have worked well, but I can't get them to lock in with 23 rounds loaded, so I use them as 22-rds.

Hello: I am using +5/6 base pads from Dawson, TTI, Zev and Arredondo. These will hold 34-36 rounds. For a really big stick I use the Taccom splice with a 33 and a 17 round magazines. This setup seems to work better than the MBX setups I have seen around here. Short mags are factory Glock with +5/6 base pads and Magpul 21 round ons as well as there 17 round with the Zev base pad. The Magpul mags drop faster and load faster for me. Thanks, Eric

Another one for the mbx, I am running a mega. As far as Magwell what AR 9 lower do you have? BMiller is a great option but there are others out there but it depends on which lower you have since a lot of them are not the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm running MBX Mega with ETS mags, Taylor Freelance +10 with Glock 31rd mags, and Taran Tactical +5/6 with Glock 17rd mags.  They all function perfectly, although the TF needed a little chamfering of the follower to work.  I also have a few factory Glock 33rd mags that I use for reloads, as I feel that I get a better grip on them and that they're easier to jam in while under the stress of the timer.

I am in the process of setting a couple up myself.

I did the same homework you are, and decided they all seem to be similar in performance.

The biggest difference is ease of disassembly.

I ended up going with Taylor Freelance because they are kind of a local business for me.

No matter who's you get, you won't go wrong.

As many have said before, for a magwell, contact Bmiller.

for an extension, Both MBX mini and Taylor freelance are good.  I have both.  I favor the MBX for easy of assembly and disassembly.  The MBX also holds 47 rounds compared to the TF which holds 42

12 hours ago, DenverDave said:

Tried to order a MBX Mini last night..........DENIED !!!!

The will not ship to Colorado. :(

Order them from Shooter's Connection.  They're a forum sponsor and have a discount for forum members as well.  I ordered mine through them when I still lived in Colorado before moving to a free state.

4 hours ago, 1981Shooter said:

Order them from Shooter's Connection.  They're a forum sponsor and have a discount for forum members as well.  I ordered mine through them when I still lived in Colorado before moving to a free state.

Ben Stoeger has them on his site also.

23 hours ago, 1981Shooter said:

Where do I find the discount?

24 minutes ago, alvinsmith75 said:

Where do I find the discount?

Once you have an account setup on their website, just send them an email stating that you're a Enos forum member and they'll permanently apply it to your account.  Once they do that and you login in, you'll see the special pricing.  Some items don't have a discount or a very small one, but it's significant on certain items.  Saved me a few bucks on my MBX Mega extensions.

7 minutes ago, 1981Shooter said:

Once you have an account setup on their website, just send them an email stating that you're a Enos forum member and they'll permanently apply it to your account.  Once they do that and you login in, you'll see the special pricing.  Some items don't have a discount or a very small one, but it's significant on certain items.  Saved me a few bucks on my MBX Mega extensions.

I've purchased from them before and was unaware of that.   Thanks!!