Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
ClangClang

Can anyone with colored bullets load some dummy rounds for me?

Posted (edited)

I'm looking to make my dryfire more realistic, so I'd like get around 60 "dummy rounds" of 9mm to have accurately weighted mags.  Commercial snap caps are prohibitively expensive for the quantiy I seek.

I don't have a reloading setup yet, so I was wondering if any kind-hearted soul here would be willing to load up ~60 dummy rounds (three 140mm mags worth - CZ Shadow for Carry Optics) next time they sit down at the press. Ideally this would be with a "colored" bullet like Blue or Syntech so I can easily distinguish them from my normal factory FMJ ammo.  Once they arrive to me, I'll drill out the primer pocket and fill the casing with a matching color hot glue. And of course, in exchange for your service, I will pack a USPS padded flat rate envelope to the brim with range pickup brass and ship it out to you. Mostly 9mm, maybe some 40 and 45 mixed in.  I don't know how many fit exactly but that's probably around 500-600 pieces.  It seems to me that this is an equitable trade, but if I'm off base, just let me know.

Help me make GM! (Or really, just make A class for now haha).

Edited by ClangClang

How does 115 gr Blue Bullets coated RN sound?  They will be blue of course.  I can load whatever length you like.  (Press currently set at 1.110")

22 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

How does 115 gr Blue Bullets coated RN sound?  They will be blue of course.  I can load whatever length you like.  (Press currently set at 1.110")

Sounds perfect to me. PM incoming.

3 hours ago, ClangClang said:

I don't have a reloading setup

Help me make GM! 

Never thought I'd see those two sentences together    :surprise:

4 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Never thought I'd see those two sentences together    :surprise:

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Let me know I may be able to do some blue also

I've got yellow and red bullets. No compensation needed, just let me know the OAL you're targeting.