Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic Ear Protection

cbrussell

I had ear plug mounds by a local Audiologist; now where to send them? Sound Gear, Pro Ear, ESP, Nitro Ear; so many choices. I only want to buy once so I am desperately in need of help/direction. Any thoughts? 

Thanks.

I have been very satisfied with my sound Gears.  But I also have never tried any other brands.  Before the sound gears I used some self molded non electronic plugs.  The sound quality of the sound gears is very good.  They are considered hearing aid quality electronics.   They have easy to use volume adjustment and a button that you can use for a few different modes or to turn off hearing enhancement.  

I use the ESP Stealth Digital electronic ears and they work great. Before that I tried the Sound Gear ones and they couldn't get the fit of the plugs right and they never sealed in my ears properly.

I got my ESP ears because I won an ESP Certificate worth a significant amount of money. They still ended up costing me about $500 once it was all said and done. They usually range in the $2000 - $2500 range. Honestly, if I had to pay full price for them it wouldn't be worth it. A $150 pair of molded plugs with passive filters does almost the same job in hearing protection and ability to hear normal volume stuff.