Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If I want to be classified...

wdfwguy

Not all matches run a classifier stage every month.  

Its my understanding that only scores of classifiers uploaded to the USPSA with an associated member number will be automatically entered into the classification database. 

In the past new members that were joining but did not yet have their number could put "pending".  They would then need to contact HQ once they received their number to get the classification moved to the database.  I do not know if that still applies.

Now that you can join online, there is no longer a reason to not go ahead and signup.  You should receive your membership packet in a week or so.

https://uspsa.org/join

Annual membership is $25.00 if you don't receive the front sight magazine.  Join and shoot matches.  Check with the club, where I live, they usually have one stage per match that is a classifier stage.  They also run anywhere from 1-2 classifier matches per year.

You do have to be a member to receive a classification.  Welcome to USPSA!!!

From the DownRange email magazine:

Classification 101: Better Understanding the USPSA Classification System

USPSA members currently get an initial classification when 4 unique classifiers are uploaded. Uploads run 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year as clubs submit their activity, but updates to the classification system run weekly on Tuesday nights.

Member classification is based on the best 6 of the most recent 8 unique classifiers on file, with a few exceptions. Those exceptions are: scores that are more than 20% above a member’s currentclassification range, scores that are more than 5% below a member’s current classification range, a scorethat is more than one class below a member’s highest classification range, and a duplicate classifier course with a higher score currently counting toward classification.

Major match finish percentages can also count as a single classifier. The requirement for level II, III, IV, and national matches to be used a classifier is: a minimum of 50 competitors in a division with 3 Grand Masters placing 90% or greater. Major match finish percentages counting as classifiers are automatically calculated and applied. No requests from members or match directors is necessary. Major match finishes can also result in an upward movement in class, also known as a match bump. The requirement for level II, III, and national matches to be used for match bumps is: a minimum of 50 competitors in a division with 3 Grand Masters placing 90% or greater, and a competitor placing 5% or greater above their current classification range. Major match bumps are automatically calculated and applied. No requests from members or match directors is necessary.

The high hit factors for USPSA classifier courses of fire have been updated from time to time over the years. In reviewing the current data, it is apparent that all of the classifiers need to be reviewed, and in some cases adjusted. Some of these will go up in difficulty, while others will go down in difficulty. Each division will be reviewed for each classifier. The new high hit factors will be the best 10 records on file for each classifier in each division, throwing out only statistical anomalies. When the update process is complete, USPSA will release high hit factors to the membership via the USPSA webpage, along with an announcement to the membership.

Hopefully this makes the classification system a little easier to decode, and clears up any misconceptions about the process.

Mike Foley, USPSA President

There is a USPSA Match tomorrow at Triple C Range held by Cross Timbers Action Shooting Association :

It will be My first USPSA match also so come on out and let's see how we can do . New Shooter Briefing is at 9:15 am .

LINK to sign up at:

https://practiscore.com/clubs/ctasa-club-matches/matches?filter=upcoming

Link to Cross Timbers

http://www.ctuspsa.com/

Sun, June 17, 10am – 2pm
WhereTriple C Tactical Range 14333 Cleburne Hwy, Cresson, TX 76035 
DescriptionWe will have 6 stages (5 stages + 1 classifier), 150 rounds. USPSA Match Details 9AM sign in 10AM hammer down 2PM cleanup and scores Complete details at www.ctuspsa.com USPSA Website at 

CTASA USPSA match at Triple C Tactical
- Gates open by 8:30am. Speed limit on ranch property is a strict 15mph.
- Squads will be assigned at registration
- New Shooter Briefing is at 9:15
- Sign in is promptly at 9:30am
- Match Starts at 10:00am. 
- Round count is 100-125
Range Fee is $15.00, Match Fee is $10 for non-members, $5 for CTASA members

USPSA level I match, with the following divisions:
Limited, Limited 10, Production, Open, Revolver, Single Stack, Tactical, PCC, CO

Price:
$30 

--TW

Tactical is a division in 3-Gun, I'm thinking it's a brain fart. (probably the person who wrote this shoots both disciplines)

It was as there was no tactical at this match..
It was hot and humid but I survived the match, didn’t get DQ’ed and didn’t finish last ..
A win-win for my first match ..

TW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk