Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crazy Apex Flat Flar Face FSS trigger

fxdc

I've taken an OCD approach to my ammo and triple checking it to eliminate any chance of malfunction. 

WHY .... now ?

Because of primer strikes that my son inlaw an army armored says should of gone off. 

As reloaders we all have experienced hits that should of gone off, but during a stage it makes for a bad run. It's not uncommon for a 1911 to experience  it and common reasons as high primers or other variables. 

With a striker fired gun there are a lot more various causes for it. I have not polished any of my Apex parts only shot the gun. 

There are about 2k shot since I went with my setup, and since I went OCD on ammo the light strikes have gone 99.9% away.. so I guess any now are primer Mfg related.

(And any sear flutter was cured with a heavier sear spring early on.)

My trigger started at 1lb 12oz, last nite after cleaning and checking pull weight afterwards it has dropped to an average of 10 pulls to 1lb 9oz. With a low of 1lb 7oz. 

20180610_195211.jpg

I ve been getting light hits wit my M&P as well (I also have the flat faced trigger "kit" in mine)

same ammo does fine in my CZ shadow2 and my buddy's Target II so I ordered  the extra  power striker spring (it's one pound heavier than stock)

from speed shooter specialties. it's coming today, I'll drop it in and hopefully that will take care of that.

striker spring

**** update*** I've shot about 600 rounds with the extra power spring in there and had only 2 light hits.

I also ordered a complete striker assembly as a back up.

having more problems with my Precision mas extensions now than light hits  :(

Edited by kmanick

Check timing of your striker block. There are multiple variants of trigger bar out there, all with different "shepherds crook" loop profiles. Ifd the USB is not FULLY pushed out the way, it will rob the striker of impact force. I have encountered this when switching uppers from lower to lower with different generations of Apex FSS and DCAEK triggers.