Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shadow2- need some trouble shooting

Flyingpig

Hey guys

Did a little bit of work on my shadow 2 tonight and now I'm having some problems with my double action hammer not dropping.

Heres what I did.

added CGW reduced trigger return spring

floating trigger pin

And CGW short reset Disco.

Now when I pull my double action trigger it doesn't drop. Single action is fine, and everything else seems ok.

If I jerk the trigger hard I can get the double action to drop, but thats the only way. How do I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks.

Sounds like you need to fit your disco. There's another thread with someone having a similar issue. The underside of the wings on the disco are probably not clearing the trigger bar after it has released the sear. You need to carefully remove small amounts at a time until it clears the trigger bar.

You definitely need to do some grinding to fit the disco prepoerly so DA will drop as designed. Go slow and little by little. It doesn’t take much to mess it up. Take off some, install and test and repeat as necessary.

Good luck.

Most likely the disco but could be the trigger bar spring. You could add a small amount of upward pressure to the spring and also make sure it’s riding in the trigger bar track on the bottom of the trigger bar. 

ITs the disco as said.  See the thread of mine that they referenced as well as this one 

Go slow. Iver been doing a single pass or two at most with the file each time. You can feel it as it gets closer.  We are talking thousandths

I see on cz customs website they say remove material from forward face OR Lower leading corner. Has anyone only removed material from lower leading corner? seems like the easier fix.

EDIT: after a bit closer of an inspection is seemed that the outside of the wing was ever so slightly hanging up on the trigger bow. Hit the outside of the wing with a few passes of 600 grit and it is functioning perfectly. We shall see.

Edited by Flyingpig