Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do Xtreme and PD parts typically require fitting?

wdfwguy

Well I just installed a Unica flat safety on a Stock II and it required fitting. In the thread I started about getting it installed there tended to be a common theme of having to do some fitting often on the Tanfos. I would prepare for that eventuality and not expect the parts to just "drop in and work."

You’ll have to do some fitting. New hammer and sear will need the safety to be fit. Installing the BOLO may or may not need fitting, each gun is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, wdfwguy said:
Yeah, that's probably more than I want to take on

Any suggestions for someone to polish and fit the parts?

Send it to @PatriotDefense for their full work over. Jim Bodkin, JD Sales/Shooter Ready is also a well known Tanfo guru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SCTaylor

On 6/9/2018 at 8:49 PM, wdfwguy said:

Thinking about adding a hammer, sear and BOLO to my Stock II, just wondering if they typically drop in, or need to be fitted

The hammer will require a fitting to the 1 piece sear (which you also want).

You can simply send your gun to patriot defense and have them do the complete polish of the gun and fit/install of the parts.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:22 PM, bulm540 said:

Vids here: you just need a lot of elbow grease and patience. 

Dissasembly and polish I'm ok with, just not sure about fitting parts on a gun I know almost nothing about

9 hours ago, johnbu said:

The hammer will require a fitting to the 1 piece sear (which you also want).

You can simply send your gun to patriot defense and have them do the complete polish of the gun and fit/install of the parts.

I saw that option on their site, but $400 seemed a little steep

1 hour ago, wdfwguy said:

Dissasembly and polish I'm ok with, just not sure about fitting parts on a gun I know almost nothing about

My titan hammer, extreme sear and bolo fortunately dropped in . I for one was a 2011 guy and didn't know squat about tanfoglios ( I was really nervous and skeptical about being able to work with the tanfoglios) . I believe that the newer trigger bars ( the part where the dicso engages) has been modified by tanfog and I think you have to fit the bolo.  

16 hours ago, wdfwguy said:

I saw that option on their site, but $400 seemed a little steep

We also offer fitting/tunning of the BOLO into your gun for $100 if you would like to perform the rest of the work yourself. This at least gives you a good baseline that your getting the deepest DA hit possible

3 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

We also offer fitting/tunning of the BOLO into your gun for $100 if you would like to perform the rest of the work yourself. This at least gives you a good baseline that your getting the deepest DA hit possible

Oh, thanks.  I guess I missed that option.

And I didn't mean to imply the other package wasn't worth what you're charging, just more than I wanted to spend on a pistol I'm on the fence with.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:30 PM, wdfwguy said:

Oh, thanks.  I guess I missed that option.

And I didn't mean to imply the other package wasn't worth what you're charging, just more than I wanted to spend on a pistol I'm on the fence with.

completely understand, no harm taken on our end. We understand what the cost is on the stock pistol plus additional parts can be a pretty penny...... there is for sure more info out there and in this forum where we along with many other members have made it alot easier to service these pistols yourself. Don't be scared to jump into it... worse case scenario is you send us a box of parts to reassemble :)

On 6/11/2018 at 6:32 PM, bulm540 said:

My titan hammer, extreme sear and bolo fortunately dropped in . I for one was a 2011 guy and didn't know squat about tanfoglios ( I was really nervous and skeptical about being able to work with the tanfoglios) . I believe that the newer trigger bars ( the part where the dicso engages) has been modified by tanfog and I think you have to fit the bolo.  

I did not do any fitting on the hammer either, I think it was discussed here before that the DA/SA does not require any fitting for the hammer / sear.

Am I incorrect? 

12 minutes ago, Avenida said:

I did not do any fitting on the hammer either, I think it was discussed here before that the DA/SA does not require any fitting for the hammer / sear.

Am I incorrect? 

for the most part that is correct... a new sear/hammer assembly should drop right in for you. If you change to the 1 piece sear and Titan you will need to fit the safety to the sear. 

Just now, PatriotDefense said:

for the most part that is correct... a new sear/hammer assembly should drop right in for you. If you change to the 1 piece sear and Titan you will need to fit the safety to the sear. 

thank you! yes, that is the only fitting I have done and I am running both 1 piece sear and titan.

Cheers