Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Continental Council

BritinUSA

Local laws to be precise.

Just like in Australia we are restricted to 10-round mags, barrel lengths of 120+mm for autos and to 9mm or smaller (except for one state which can use >9mm for Classic only).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, rowdyb said:

But would we also pick up the ipsc holster rule for Prod?

Magazine capacity and holsters is just scratching the surface between IPSC and USPSA Production. There's so many detail differences that only a true stock gun could comply with both.

I'm sure the IPSC 15 round capacity for Prod is just because that is the number that just about every service 9mm pistol has taken for ever.

Open is probably where IPSC and USPSA are closest in division definitions. The rest of the rule book.... That would be quite a workout.

yeah, i know, i've shot us ipsc nationals multiple times and know there is a greater difference. i have an entirely different gun i use for ipsc nats so that i'm compliant. as well as knowing the shooting rules. thus why i said it would wreak havoc in the usa for at least a year if we went to a unified rule set. mostly in Prod and SS/Classic.

again, to me personally i wouldn't be bothered by a wholesale adoption of their rule set. but i also know i'm in the minority with that opinion. to me it just seems silly to cherry pick which ones from each to keep and discard. but that's probably the easiest way to ease into an eventual unified rule set years and years down the road.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:24 AM, Sarge said:

No thank god he didn't. We have PCC now because of who did win. I didn't have a say in that though. :eatdrink: I guess my bottom line to the point opinion is USPSA should split from IPSC. IPSC does nothing for the rank and file USPSA member/shooter. Sure, some elitists get to go play on the world stage, at our expense no less, but those numbers are such a small fraction of the membership it's hardly worth it.

I'm hardly an elitist and the membership definitely does not subsidize my IPSC match attendance.  

These changes make way too much sense to me.  

On 6/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, obsessiveshooter said:

As a limited shooter with a production rig I rarely use, I would be much more likely to shoot production more often.

I used to shoot limited & moved to production because I just think it is more fun. Stage planning becomes more interesting and options more diverse when you have the 10 round limit, & hitting 3 or 4 slick reloads per stage is a fun challenge. The increased pressure of not wasting shots on steel or otherwise forcing yourself into a standing reload also adds to the shooting challenge in a fun way for me. 

If they suck the life out of that division I guess it is back to single stack & trying not to lose the farm when I sell my production guns. 

34 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I used to shoot limited & moved to production because I just think it is more fun. Stage planning becomes more interesting and options more diverse when you have the 10 round limit, & hitting 3 or 4 slick reloads per stage is a fun challenge. The increased pressure of not wasting shots on steel or otherwise forcing yourself into a standing reload also adds to the shooting challenge in a fun way for me. 

If they suck the life out of that division I guess it is back to single stack & trying not to lose the farm when I sell my production guns. 

My sentiment also. This is my first year shooting Limited and while I enjoy shooting major scoring with .40, I miss the ease of reload planning (reload when my feet move). L10 or SS might be my next move.

On 6/9/2018 at 8:08 PM, BritinUSA said:

There’s a rumor (posted on IPSC Global Village) that at IPSC Continental Council, a discussion took place concerning some reconciliation between the divisional requirement of IPSC and USPSA and included adoption of USPSA’s magazine length rules.

In return USPSA would look to adopt 15 rounds in USPSA’s Production Division.

Vince Pinto has nothing to do with IPSC anymore and you should feel shame that you posted a rumor from his own private website that he continues to run in order to pretend to be relevant.

Vince Pinto has nothing to do with IPSC anymore and you should feel shame that you posted a rumor from his own private website that he continues to run in order to pretend to be relevant.

VP may not have anything (directly) to do with IPSC anymore (Hi Vince!) but i think this was more than a rumour and that an actual conversation of some form took place.

The Beard’s reaction to the Ben’s incident and his comments alludes to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk