Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC SP-01 Shadow Target II

andyivan

Just inherited a CZ custom shop, shadow Target II and was wanting to know if or what division it would fall into in IDPA?  I'm new to the sport and read the rules but wanted some feedback.  Thanks. 

You've inherited thorobred USPSA production gun that is also an awesome choice for IPSC's production division. All of my CZ 75's as well as my SPO1's have been tuned (either prior to delivery or shortly after purchase), either by Angus' crew or by Matt Mink. Both of these 2 groups comprise some of the best CZ gunsmith's out there. Anyway, the most appropriate division for you would be Standard Service Pistol (SSP).

Stock Service Pistol (SSP) Division

Pistols in the SSP division must be semi-automatic, double-action or Glock Safe Action™, 9mm (9x19mm) or larger caliber, have a maximum unloaded weight of 43 oz. (1.219 kg) including the heaviest empty magazine, and have a minimum annual production of 2000 units (discontinued models must have had a minimum total production of 20,000 units).  SSP guns are intended to be "factory-stock" guns: only a few modifications are allowed (See IDPA Rulebook for full details).  Maximum barrel length is not directly specified, but will generally be around five inches (12.7 cm); pistols must fit in the IDPA gun test box (see dimensions above) with the largest empty magazine inserted.  SSP guns must use ammunition meeting a minimum Power Factor of 125,000.

Enhanced Service Pistol (ESP) Division

Pistols in the ESP division must be semi-automatic, 9mm (9x19mm) or larger in caliber, have a maximum unloaded weight of 43 oz. (1.219 kg) including the heaviest empty magazine.  Maximum barrel length is not directly specified, but will generally be around five inches (12.7 cm); pistols must fit in the IDPA gun test box (see dimensions above) with an empty magazine inserted.  Any action type is permissible, but most pistols used in ESP are single-action.  More gun customizations and enhancements are allowed in ESP than in SSP (See IDPA Rulebook for full details).  ESP guns must use ammunition meeting a minimum Power Factor of 125,000

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by the Assistant Match Director of an event I recently attended, If you decide to go SSP you would need to manually decock the CZ Shadow Target 2 otherwise put it in safety for ESP.   Congrats on your new inheritance.

• 11 months later...

Idpa doesn't consider czc a factory. Or at least didn't, thus the accu shadow debacle of making a gun illegal the week before nats.

So, is the slide milled to accept that new sight that makes it a target model? And is that slide milling legal in ssp? If you can't answer that shoot esp.

Edited by rowdyb

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2018 at 1:27 AM, TSL001 said:

I was told by the Assistant Match Director of an event I recently attended, If you decide to go SSP you would need to manually decock the CZ Shadow Target 2 otherwise put it in safety for ESP.   Congrats on your new inheritance.

Should have spoken to the match director. LOL  The assistant doesn't know what he is talking about. 

• 2 months later...

Yup.  Many moons ago, I campaigned a plain vanilla CZ75 in SSP and manual decocking really "triggered" some SOs. 

Mine has the old long spur hammer which is easy to lower.

I guess the USPSA ROs see so many in Production these days that they are used to it.

Apparently, the Tartet II slide is not milled. 

I called CZ Custom and they said "probably" good for IDPA in both SSP and ESP. My response was... depending on whether hammer is down or cocked and locked? And the response was hammer down. OK. Nothing good as far as info there.

Called CZ USA and the rep went through a list and couldn't find the Target II, so he said it didn't look like it was legal for IDPA.

Edited by Stafford

• 2 weeks later...