Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire - sight movement vs normal oscillations

Been shooting forever, but only now started looking at competitive, more to adopt some techniques instead of competing.

Anyway, in Ben Steoger's book on dry fire, the first drill is slow trigger squeeze. It says no sight movement is the goal. Does this include the normal (to me anyway) oscillations. I've never been able to hold any gun rock still, unless it's on a bipod and sandbag.

Should I be looking for no interruptions to the normal movement, or am I way behind the curve?

• 2 weeks later...
On June 19, 2018 at 1:52 PM, johnsonian85 said:

I would say you don't want them moving because of the trigger pull.  The Bob Vogel grip training help me a lot with this.  

Can you elaborate some more on the Bob Vogel grip training? Was this at his course? Or did you just try to imitate his grip by watching videos?

9 hours ago, dertywerker said:

Can you elaborate some more on the Bob Vogel grip training? Was this at his course? Or did you just try to imitate his grip by watching videos?

I just watched his videos, it was a huge help.  Having a really strong weak hand grip seemed to help me with good trigger pulls.

I tried to do this:  

Edited by johnsonian85