Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
mikek2111987

Let's talk muzzle brakes... Again

On 2/2/2019 at 3:24 AM, jskd82 said:

https://rossbrakes.com/about His brakes are excellent especially for the price, it's hard to beat!

Wow !!

$37 for a brake ??

Have you compared it to any other brakes ?

So the hypertap is on, ran a full major match with it. I would presume based on what I feel that when some quantitative testing comes out you will see a new leader vs. the titan and m4-72. My buddy, who runs the titan, shot my rifle and stopped to look after first round because he didn't think it cycled based on the utter absence of recoil impulse.

When I first built my 3gun rifle, I was using a SJC Titan Comp, which nobody can argue doesn't do it's job well.  To help balance things a bit better and cut down the length down a bit, I ended up trying a TBAC Naked Brake instead and am liking it so far.  The TBAC 223CB was #3 on TTAG's "Muzzle Brake Shootout", and the naked one is the same thing without the ability to mount a suppressor.

All in all, the Titan was probably just the smallest amount more effective, but is pretty heavy unless you get the titanium one(which I didn't) and pretty long.  I'm happy with the change and don't plan to switch back in the foreseeable future.

Im not sure if this is helpful but I just got the Hypertap and i thought it was very loud, but I didn't have a Titan to compare it to. But it did a great job reducing recoil.

Those with Seekins ATC's.... I've heard the thread protector they ship with it is shoddy, to the point where the comp loosens up and spins under fire. Any truth to this?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, TommyTwoTone said:

Those with Seekins ATC's.... I've heard the thread protector they ship with it is shoddy, to the point where the comp loosens up and spins under fire. Any truth to this?

The jamb nut? Never had anything loosen on an ATC, and I've had 3 of them.

The jamb nut? Never had anything loosen on an ATC, and I've had 3 of them.
Yes, the jamb nut.

A small drop of blue loctite won't hurt once all the threads are degreased... kinda like belt and suspenders.

Gotta love the SJC titan

APA The Answer on my bay 3 gun SBR

On 5/22/2019 at 8:12 PM, 021411 said:

APA The Answer on my bay 3 gun SBR

Looks good. What's your setup like with the set screws?

Posted (edited)

I started from low ready and quickly snapped up and fired two rounds as soon as the reticle was in the A zone. Didn't "aim" per se. The reticle settled nicely. Didn’t have much rise or was over comped and pushed down. 

Ended up with the following in the attached picture. As always YMMV..

Just wanted to say that I don’t think The Answer was ever intended for 10.3/5” barrels. I’m getting baffle erosion from the blast. APA doesn’t specify on their website but it’s just worth noting. I’m less than 300 rounds in and it’s starting to definitely show. 

IMG_2975.jpg

Edited by 021411