Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's talk muzzle brakes... Again

mikek2111987

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been using the JP 3 port comp for the last two years and it’s been great, for my new build for next year I’m thinking about giving the APA Answer brake a go when it comes out, looks like it might work pretty darn well based on the shooters who have been testing it.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:47 AM, NoKimberDave said:

Anyone tried the Ultradyne brakes?

Wow, I really like the looks of that, especially with the front sight combo.  Curious what the weight might be with the 3” brake and front sight together.  Just might be sending ‘em an email...

if anyone has experience with the brake I’d love to hear it.   

The Ultradyne Apollo looks like it should be a very effective brake, wondering how the ports would be in regards to blow back to the shooter, they appear to be very aggressive. I have been tempted to purchase one to try out.

13 hours ago, mveto said:

The Ultradyne Apollo looks like it should be a very effective brake, wondering how the ports would be in regards to blow back to the shooter, they appear to be very aggressive. I have been tempted to purchase one to try out.

Anything like that is misery to shoot, just like why I made this thread about the precision armament. 

2 hours ago, mikek2111987 said:

It's not a problem of noise, it pushes a ton of gasses and pressure back at the shooter. It would actually disorient me a bit

That’s my concern as well, the matches I shoot we sometime have to shoot through barrels and the percussion alone with my  JP 3 port brake is unbearable. The noise doesn’t bother me either, I’m behind the rifle not next too it, I bet the RO’s will hate the Apollo brake.