Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 929 Hammer

TFT_Guns_Up

I have two Apex hammers. They both work well and look great. I don't like the little bump on the TK, although I am sure it works. I like the color of the 929 trigger so I left it alone. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have the original one on a PPC gun. I'm running a 5 LB DA with Federal primers. Light and smooth aren't the same thing. You get light by tuning the springs, and smooth by making sure all the moving parts are working in harmony. The lighter the springs, the more glitches you can feel in the action.

On 6/7/2018 at 7:13 AM, TFT_Guns_Up said:

I want to replace the factory hammer with a spurless one. Apex Custom was my original choice, then I saw TK Custom. TK also makes a polished trigger. Anyone have opinons on these? 

I have TK hammers and triggers in 3 guns, about to be 5, and love them. TK did the action work as I asked, with a fast(heavy) rebound and they came out just right. With a 6lb trigger I'm still able to shoot consistent .16s and some .14s and .15s when I push. 

I have had plenty of Apex hammers in the past and I can promise you that both Apex and TK are a step up in quality and looks from the factory hammer. If you're considering spending the money on some aftermarket parts like that you though, you should consider sending the gun in for a full action package to TK. 

3 hours ago, MWP said:

I have TK hammers and triggers in 3 guns, about to be 5, and love them. TK did the action work as I asked, with a fast(heavy) rebound and they came out just right. With a 6lb trigger I'm still able to shoot consistent .16s and some .14s and .15s when I push. 

I have had plenty of Apex hammers in the past and I can promise you that both Apex and TK are a step up in quality and looks from the factory hammer. If you're considering spending the money on some aftermarket parts like that you though, you should consider sending the gun in for a full action package to TK. 

And you will be more than impressed with what you get back.

4 minutes ago, TFT_Guns_Up said:

What’s Carmonize?

Someone who has been around a little longer may want to chime in, but what I picked up from the forum and did to mine was basically just aggressively bobbing it.

20180513_071629-756x1008.jpg

20180625_172330-567x1008.jpg

Edited by Adamj

14 hours ago, TFT_Guns_Up said:

What’s Carmonize?

Once upon a time,,there was this man who did magic to revolvers,, all over the country. Trigger hammer well you know just about the best trigger on revolvers anywhere. Then all at once he just quit, thing called life work, and to many revolvers.

tru name Mike Carmony. aks carmonize

• 3 weeks later...

So I went with the TK Custom Bobbed Hammer (Not Skeletonized), Polished Trigger and Comp Firing Pin.

The parts all dropped in, while it cycles the cylinder and drops the hammer, when the Trigger is released and pulled again the hammer barely moves. 

It looks like something’s short, on the hammer or trigger, as when I use the TKC hammer with the factory trigger it cycles no problem

On 6/28/2018 at 9:53 AM, EEH said:

Once upon a time,,there was this man who did magic to revolvers,, all over the country. Trigger hammer well you know just about the best trigger on revolvers anywhere. Then all at once he just quit, thing called life work, and to many revolvers.

tru name Mike Carmony. aks carmonize

Truth

23 minutes ago, TFT_Guns_Up said:

So I went with the TK Custom Bobbed Hammer (Not Skeletonized), Polished Trigger and Comp Firing Pin.

The parts all dropped in, while it cycles the cylinder and drops the hammer, when the Trigger is released and pulled again the hammer barely moves. 

It looks like something’s short, on the hammer or trigger, as when I use the TKC hammer with the factory trigger it cycles no problem

sounds like the double action sear on the hammer is not resetting all the way and will need some trimming.