Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone Try one of these in their M&P?

kmanick

it's cut just like the stock one but extended. I can flip it. I went ahead and ordered one along with a high power striker spring. I reload with a buddy and we just received 

10,000 CCI primers , I have the Apex forward set sear flat faced trigger kit in mine and have experienced some light primer hits using Winchester primers.

I understand CCi are harder than the Winchester, so ..........................might as well grab one

22 hours ago, kmanick said:

it's cut just like the stock one but extended. I can flip it. I went ahead and ordered one along with a high power striker spring. I reload with a buddy and we just received 

10,000 CCI primers , I have the Apex forward set sear flat faced trigger kit in mine and have experienced some light primer hits using Winchester primers.

I understand CCi are harder than the Winchester, so ..........................might as well grab one

CCI are definitely harder to ignite than Winchesters.

If you’re running an 11-13 pound recoil spring, I’d just ditch the lighter Apex striker spring for a fresh factory one.

Going extra power on striker spring might pull the slide slightly out of battery because the recoil spring and striker spring effectively play tug-of-war.

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

CCI are definitely harder to ignite than Winchesters.

If you’re running an 11-13 pound recoil spring, I’d just ditch the lighter Apex striker spring for a fresh factory one.

Going extra power on striker spring might pull the slide slightly out of battery because the recoil spring and striker spring effectively play tug-of-war.

I don't have the Apex striker spring I have the stock one as well as the stock Recoil spring in there.

We rolled a couple of hundred today using titegroup(there's a first for us) Ibejihead  147 3.0 and 3.2 grains. I'm going to test tomorrow through my CZ shadow 2 and my M&P 9L

fingers crossed as my buddy shot some of th e3.2 through his target II tonight and loved them.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:47 PM, kmanick said:

I decided I'm going to give carry optics a try for my next match and went to the site to order some extended base pads

and saw this

Extended mag release

I wonder if it's ambidextrous(I'm left handed) and if they are reliable.

anyone here got these on their M&P?

I'm a lefty too!  I need one for my Pro if it's ambi

On 6/7/2018 at 9:03 PM, Avedis said:

They will work as ambi, just like the factory ones. You can see the difference in profile here:

https://www.twobrostactical.com/collections/m-p/products/extended-magazine-release-1

Am I missing something?  I didn't see anything about being ambi.

An alternative to putting an extended mag release in is to remove the "shroud" that is behind the release. This can be done to either side (or both) and I found it easier to use than an extended release button.

m rel before.JPG

m rel done.JPG

I've never understood the need for an extended mag release, but then I have large hands.

The mag release and slide drop "just happens" subconsciously for me kind of like hitting the blinker when driving I guess.

But hey, whatever works best. 

just installed in mine as well as the extra power striker spring.

hitting the range later tonight to test it with some new 147's fresh off the Dillon :)

hats off to speed shooter specialties. they ship really quick on the East coast.

well the extra power striker spring wouldn't let the slide seat back correctly, so out it goes.

anyone have any other suggestion on how to fix light primer hits ?

***edit***

whoops had the little plastic retainer clip on upside down. I hope that was the problem

cycling snap caps right now ....seems to be better

*** edit**

shot about 200 rounds through it last night. Used Magtech 124, AE 147, and a bunch of our own loads (all 147)

light hits basically gone and the gun cycled well (for the most part , I had a mag issue) but the HP spring seems to be working now.

Edited by kmanick

On 6/9/2018 at 1:56 AM, stick said:

I'm a lefty too!  I need one for my Pro if it's ambi

Am I missing something?  I didn't see anything about being ambi.

It's not really ambi (i.e. on both sides of the pistol) but it is reversible.  That said, I'm a lefty too and I always use my trigger finger to release the magazine.  It's easier for me to reach that way and it assures you finger is off the trigger during a reload. 

1 hour ago, SteelCityShooter said:

It's not really ambi (i.e. on both sides of the pistol) but it is reversible.  That said, I'm a lefty too and I always use my trigger finger to release the magazine.  It's easier for me to reach that way and it assures you finger is off the trigger during a reload. 

I have long fingers.  I take my finger off the trigger and use my thumb to hit the mag release.

11 hours ago, stick said:

I have long fingers.  I take my finger off the trigger and use my thumb to hit the mag release.

My hand is middle size and I have problems reaching most magazine releases with my thumb without twisting the gun a lot.  Reaching it with my trigger finger is far easier and less disruptive to my shooting following a reload.

I actually flipped it back over  so it's on the left side now. it was snagging on the feed ramp of my mags and locking up consistently with 4 rounds to go.

It was driving me nuts trying to figure what was going on, I thought it was the striker spring.......nope.

I did some searching and this guy was having the exact same issue I was , so I flipped back for a righty and now It's all working great.

I may file it down like this guy did at some point as I'd rather have it on the right side.

M&P Failure to feed

Used one until it unknowingly released my mag on a table start.  Quite a surprise when I grabbed the gun and the mag dropped out!  Used the Dremel to take off some of the "shroud" and went back to the stock release.  Also need to watch that it doesn't release when it's in the holster! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 9:37 PM, schollmann said:

Used one until it unknowingly released my mag on a table start.  Quite a surprise when I grabbed the gun and the mag dropped out!  Used the Dremel to take off some of the "shroud" and went back to the stock release.  Also need to watch that it doesn't release when it's in the holster! 

I have taken mine out and gone back to the stock one for exactly this same issue. . My holster needs to be dremeled out a bit, it was releasing the mag during "make ready"

also my hand was hitting it during fire (it really sticks out there) and my mags were dropping mid string.

definitely not ambi as it hits the follower with 4 rounds left and jams the mag, if you flip it to the right side for a lefty shooter.

a little disappointed with this thing overall. I guess if I dremel it down to use flipped it would be ok, but to have to do that in the first place is annoying

• 3 weeks later...