Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite coated 147gr?

quietmike

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ran quite a few 147 fp in my Glock 17. So far I prefer ibejihead and acme. Prices are comparable if you use a 10% code. Both found somewhere on enos (can’t remember them off the top of my head)
Side-note: I have also had good luck with acme 150 SWC through my Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ran quite a few 147 fp in my Glock 17. So far I prefer ibejihead and acme. Prices are comparable if you use a 10% code. Both found somewhere on enos (can’t remember them off the top of my head)
Side-note: I have also had good luck with acme 150 SWC through my Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are discount codes for ibeji?

Have played with a few Gallant 135 and 125s and liking them so far. Blue Bullets have been all I've ran, other then 1 case of bayou and the Blue have been great, but the gallant seem to be just a tiny bit more accurate. The 135 gallant might be my new favorite.

On 6/18/2018 at 4:37 PM, belus said:

...On my next big order I'm going to opt for the 145gr round nose because I think they'll sort better [than flat point 147s] on the collator...

If it helps, my experience with FP 125gr BBI vs round nose 124 gr (plated and coated) absolutely backs that up. It’s easier to set the bulletfeeder up for 100% operation with round noses.

That said, I think it’d also be easier with a 125TC like mine, which I did get it flawless by the 3rd loading session, than with a 147fp. The 125 is a much pointier bullet, and that’s what makes it easy to dial in the MBFs flipper mechanism.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Precision Delta's 124 JHP, over 7.8 grains of HS-6. Dirty, but it goes bang every time. If you keep your gun clean it runs fine and the above makes 168 PF out of my open gun.

You have a fast gun, fast powder, or both. I need about 8.5 HS6 for 114’s and 9 grains for 115’s. Then again there is no way I WOULD FEEL content with 168 PF .

I have done lots of accuracy testing and the ones that I’ve consistently gotten <2” groups are Acme 145. Now for powder, I would say sport pistol is top notch and very forgiving, much like titegroup, but without the high temps. 

13 minutes ago, Sarge said:

You have a fast gun, fast powder, or both. I need about 8.5 HS6 for 114’s and 9 grains for 115’s. Then again there is no way I WOULD FEEL content with 168 PF .

The gun is only fast if I have it in the car on the highway! Perhaps that line should be in the "You know you're a Super Senior when...." thread. Seriously the gun is a Peine Custom and its tight as a drum. Bought it here from someone getting out of USPSA. Depending on who you talk to, or what chart you read HS-6 is not that fast, kinda fast, or not slow...but not fast either! I agree on how you feel with 168. I'm waiting on a new press (drank the cool aid...waiting on a Mark 7 Evolution).....so when that comes in I'll look into upping the PF a tad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just talked to Donny Summers and he seems like a really nice guy. Ordered some of his 125RN coated and 145RN coated. The prices are really great and you can mix up the order. So I decided to give them a try.  Just my .02 JD

57 minutes ago, biggdave19 said:

I know this is an older thread but I just bought Precision coated 147 swc and am looking to see if anyone has a good load for 231, started at 3, then 3.2 but my bullets are tumbling

When I was trying Precision 147's and 231, I had terrible problems with tumbling until I got to 3.4 grains. 

I still wasn't happy with them, but at least they stopped tumbling and keyholing...  

Try some blue bullets!

Edited by Ken6PPC
more added...