Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 Shadow 85C trigger in SSP

lkunkel38

Hey everyone, I am new on the forum and had a question regarding modifications to a CZ SP01 Shadow in IDPA SSP division. I have an SP01 Shadow that I did some internal modifications on that I know are alright since they are not externally visible (Cajun adjustable sear, short reset disconnector, springs, polishing, etc.). I also installed a Cajun reach reduction kit on the gun which is the short reset disconnector and an 85C trigger that Cajun modifies by adding a pre-travel adjustment screw in addition to the over-travel adjustment screw that is there from the CZ factory. I know that the pre-travel adjustment screw on the 85C trigger would not be SSP legal as you can see it externally. I spoke to IDPA headquarters yesterday about this and they confirmed that about the pre-travel adjustment screw. Where it got into a grey area is when I asked them if I could just remove the pre-travel adjustment screw from the 85C trigger  and leave the empty threaded hole there, which with the trigger in the forward position is not externally visible and does not change the stock function of the 85C trigger without the set screw in it. The gentleman I spoke to said it would be too far into the grey area for him to say it was legal. Anyone have any other thoughts on that? Would just a standard 85C trigger without the extra hole for the pre-travel adjustment screw be fine for SSP? Sorry if this has been covered before, I could not find it searching through the forums.

Thanks a lot!