Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who would use a 16 moa red dot? And why? Thanks

For steel.  I tried it on a steel gun as the c-more I purchased came with it as an extra diode.  Also tried the 12.  They are HUGE.  Went back to a 8 and 6. 

Who would use a 16 moa red dot? And why? Thanks

I used a 16 moa on my first rimfire pistol for steel, it’s a little to big , I now have switched over to 8 moa for pistol and rifle for steel challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people who swear by 12 moa or 16 moa dot for steel challenge.  I've never tried any that large.  I use a 6moa on my USPSA PCC and a 8moa dot on my steel challenge PCC.

Local GM Open shooter who is in his 70's uses a 12 moa c-more. He swears by it. He may be in his 70's but still kicks everyone's butt in all the local matches. 

I like the 12 MOA.  I could see the 16 for bowling pin shoots and a lot of older people like the bigger dots especially on steel that are a little closer and maybe have a few shots a little further away. 

I favor the 12 moa as well. I've tried 6 and 8, the 12 just seems easier for me.

At today's steel challenge match, one of the shooters on my squad had a 12moa dot.  I really liked the size over my 8moa.  Now I need to order one.

Is 4 MOA just too small for a pistol? The price difference between 4 and 6 MOA for a C-More SlideRide is $100 on Amazon. The 6 is $100 more.

Can the 4 MOA be made bright enough to compensate for it's smaller size?

Wouldn't be for steel challenge.

Check out Dawson Precision or Shooters Connection. I have an 8 and 6 there was no difference in price. SC list a 4,6 and 8. Same price.

Or buy the cheaper sight and just trade diodes with somebody.

3 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

C-More makes aluminum and polymer sight bodies. Anything wrong with the polymer?

Polymer are probably used 20 to 1 over aluminium. They are pretty stout and built like a tank. And lighter.

FYI. A lot of Delta Point Pros are being used successfully with the 2.5 dot.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SDL said:

FYI. A lot of Delta Point Pros are being used successfully with the 2.5 dot.

I use a 2 moa railways for everything. IPSC PPC and 3 gun with Sun shade. I even shot a 300 yard prone match with it. I did not come close to winning but kept'en in the 8 ring. Some how Ended up with a lnib blue serendipity with a 16 moa dot, I will never use.

Edited by usmc1974

Is 4 MOA just too small for a pistol? The price difference between 4 and 6 MOA for a C-More SlideRide is $100 on Amazon. The 6 is $100 more.

Can the 4 MOA be made bright enough to compensate for it's smaller size?

Wouldn't be for steel challenge.

I would buy the 139$ Cmore on Amazon(2moa) and a diode for 50$ and it’s still a good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk