Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

+10% Springs for Mec Gar Magazines

Richie

Been searching on here to see what springs people use for the Mec Gar 17 rd (AFC coating and chrome) magazines for extra power springs?  I have a few that I need to replace the springs etc... I have some +10% springs for the CZ sp01 18 rd magazines and I know they do not fit on the MecGar baseplate etc... Thanks in advance!

Don't know that the replacement springs for 17-round Mec Gar magazines are "extra power", but the ones that CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ sells for these magazines are sold under their SKU #30006.  Hope this information is of use.

Extra power spring is a wrong fix for feeding problem. It just covers the actual problem. Check your guns breach face bottom edge, bottom of slide, extractor and feed ramp. All my CZ's are having reduced power magazine springs for greater capacity, more reliable locking and reduced power recoil spring (less friction). No feeding problems.

Thanks everyone for the information.  It actually isn't something I would call a feeding problem, more like the top round not being held securely during a slide lock reload (IDPA).  I had it happen with  a couple of the 18rd CZ mags, now same issue with some 17rd Mec Gar magazines.  The +10% percent spring from CZC fixed the issue in the 18rd sp01 magazines though. Thanks everyone.