Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 gen 4 striker

Hey all I'm new to the form and I have a few questions, I've serch ed this and can't seem to find the answer. I just picked up a new gen 4 34 and I noticed that when I dry fire and I pull the trigger then I start to cycle the slide, the striker is sticking out of the breach face. Is this normal? I haven't noticed any problems during normal live fire. I'm new to the glock platform and just want to know if this is normal. I have tried slow cycling when I live fire and the slide will get hung up on the next round. Any information is a great help. 

Thank you varry much. 

Jimmy

P.S. the gun is all stock other then the vogel sights i put on it.

• 2 weeks later...

The striker is spring loaded to push forward and strike the primer. If you squeezed the trigger and the dry fire shot broke, the striker will be forward until it is reset via slide cycle.

In very general terms;

When the slide cycles the striker is picked up by the crucifix when the slide engages the connector to make the crucifix pop back up. This is what "cocks" the gun and primes the striker to be fired again.

So yes, if you dry fire the striker will be protruding until you start the cycling process again.

Edited by dkamps

Very normal for a glock to do that. It’s odd but normal. I have three glocks and they all do the same thing. They even taught us in glock armor school that it was normal. If u have questions about glocks feel free and message me. I am a certified glock armor and work for a gun shop. I also shoot GSSF for fun 

Thank you guys for all the help. I've put about 5k rounds through the gun since I first posted this with no problems. I did put a johny glocks comp trigger in it and a jager products polymer guid rod with a 11 pound spring and they have about 4k rounds our of the 5k on them. The gun has been perfict and runs varry flat giving me an edge of the guys I shoot with and three of them are running sti dvc 2011. Thank you agen

Jimmy