Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland is confusing

Woodsk

For the life of me I cannot figure out which ALS holster to buy for my STI Marauder. I can select 2011 with short dust cover, but have also read that you need to order the one for the 5 inch tactical since the Marauder has a rail.

Anyone have an ALS holster they use with a Marauder?

I agree that their holster finder program is severely lacking.  As far as I know, they don't have an ALS for a railed 2011 unless you run a weapon mounted light.  I have a couple of those.  The Marauder has a light rail right?  

My advice would be to call Safariland customer service and ask for Lia Taubert.  She has helped me and many other cops find the right holster when the website doesn't seem to work.   She is nothing short of amazing.

On the other hand, if you want to run a light, just get the one for a railed Springfield 1911 and it works perfectly with double stacks....

10 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I agree that their holster finder program is severely lacking.  As far as I know, they don't have an ALS for a railed 2011 unless you run a weapon mounted light.  I have a couple of those.  The Marauder has a light rail right?  

My advice would be to call Safariland customer service and ask for Lia Taubert.  She has helped me and many other cops find the right holster when the website doesn't seem to work.   She is nothing short of amazing.

On the other hand, if you want to run a light, just get the one for a railed Springfield 1911 and it works perfectly with double stacks....

Thanks for the info, I'll give them a call

8 hours ago, AustinWolv said:

The ALS model in this video is 6395-56 for the Springfield Operator series, which will fit a full rail gun, so it would fit the Maruader.

Thanks - I've watched that video, however the marauder has a short dust cover with a rail, not a full rail.