Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Random Trivia Question

To the left of the white box  is a baby saguaro cactus, in my neighbor's yard. :D

Here is a pic of the northern leaning Golden Barrel cactus.

cactus.thumb.jpg.20f397869094c78c3119c4806e9a6870.jpg

And here is a pic of my cat, whose name is Nobody.

mycat.thumb.jpg.4778792f1761b716e8e901713bb1392e.jpg

He's the most affectionate cat I've ever seen or heard of. All he wants to do is hang out. When I'm on the porch late night listening to music, he's on the ground or in a chair next to me. If I come inside to watch a TV show, he comes in and chills on the couch with me. 

6 minutes ago, Powder Finger said:

Nobody would draw pistols really fast in the movies.

I was hoping you would post on the origin of Nobody's name. :) 

Note to everyone but Powder Finger... Powder Finger's Avatar is the clue to the origin of Nobody's name.

15 minutes ago, benos said:

I was hoping you would post on the origin of Nobody's name. :) 

Note to everyone but Powder Finger... Powder Finger's Avatar is the clue to the origin of Nobody's name.

Although, naming him after "My name is Nobody" would have been cool as well.

14 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Although, naming him after "My name is Nobody" would have been cool as well.

that's where I was going as I haven't watched Dead Man in a couple years and kind of forgot the Nobody name in the film.

I was pretty sure Brian got the name from a film of some sort.

name...

no name...

what does it matter?

I want a cat like that.

the current mouser I have...

is of the opinion being petted is quite optional.

he sits just out of reach.

I consider him a useless bum.

Even if he does catch mice.

miranda

Nice one miranda!

And Benham, yes, Nobody's name came from the movie Dead Man. Here's how it went down. Candis is a teacher. One day a little before last Christmas, a fellow teacher arrived at school and hear a cat meowing in the engine compartment. Candis took the cat into her classroom for the day. With the intention of bring the cat home, and we would find someone to adopt him. (We know lots of cat people.) By the end of that evening I realized that the cat wasn't going anywhere. He was so freaking cute.

No balls were visible, so we worked on girl names. A week later balls dropped out so we started working on boy names. Coincidentally, at that time, an old friend and I were emailing on the movie Dead Man. Then it all made sense. Thought it was girl. Thought it was a boy. Of course the cat is Nobody. Being Nobody, the cat is everything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 7:48 PM, benos said:

No balls were visible, so we worked on girl names. A week later balls dropped out so we started working on boy names. Coincidentally, at that time, an old friend and I were emailing on the movie Dead Man. Then it all made sense. Thought it was girl. Thought it was a boy. Of course the cat is Nobody. Being Nobody, the cat is everything.

That story reminds me of "It's Pat" from SNL  

Does anyone know what Pat is?