Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newb from central IL.

glocknuckle

Good day forum members. I'm glad to be here.

I was raised a shooter, but mainly for hunting purposes. I bought my first handgun (Glock 26.4) a few years ago & got my concealed carry license early this year.

A few of my coworkers turned me onto competitive shooting and I tagged along to my first SCSA match late last year. I was hooked. Very soon thereafter, I picked up a Glock 17.4 off a friend of mine and jumped into the USPSA game.

3 matches later (shooting & scoring like crap), I found my way here. Hoping to glean as much smarts as I can from all of you good folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, anbrumm said:

Welcome to the forum, where you been shooting at?

Sorry for the late response - I just now noticed that there was a notification that I had a comment - DUH!

I shoot at Riley Conservation Club in Riley, IN (south of Terre Haute).  I cut my teeth there because that's where my buddies first invited me and have since found that the members and staff are a really great bunch of folks.   There's an event this weekend if you're interested.  Details: http://www.rileycc.com/

I've heard good things about both  Danville Rifle and Pistol Club in Danville and Lefthanders Gun Club in Laomi, but have yet to venture out.

For practice, I am a member of the Sportsman's Club in Marshall, IL and have access to their range sun-up/sun-down daily.

How about you, where are you shooting? 

On 8/12/2018 at 7:32 AM, glocknuckle said:

Sorry for the late response - I just now noticed that there was a notification that I had a comment - DUH!

I shoot at Riley Conservation Club in Riley, IN (south of Terre Haute).  I cut my teeth there because that's where my buddies first invited me and have since found that the members and staff are a really great bunch of folks.   There's an event this weekend if you're interested.  Details: http://www.rileycc.com/

I've heard good things about both  Danville Rifle and Pistol Club in Danville and Lefthanders Gun Club in Laomi, but have yet to venture out.

For practice, I am a member of the Sportsman's Club in Marshall, IL and have access to their range sun-up/sun-down daily.

How about you, where are you shooting? 

I shoot Lefthanders, Sparta, and Benchrest. I practice at a range in Bunker Hill, IL named Brittany shooting park. They don't run any USPSA, but have bays setup for that type of stuff. 

Down that way don't forget about Havana.  Just had the IL Section match there this past weekend.  They shoot USPSA second weekends.  Bloomington has a weekly Tuesday night match at CISS and some of the Danville guys come up to Chillicothe on the 4th weekends.