Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 LOK Grips

Bryamill

I have no doubt that this will come down to personal preference, but I don’t really have the opportunity to try the different grip types out. With that said, my Shadow 2 will be in next week and I’m looking at ordering lok grips. I honestly have no idea if I want thin, standard, or palm swell grips. My hands are pretty average size. Is there one that seems to be more popular with the shadow 2 than others? 

It will depend on hand size and finger length. I love the palm swells, but I have large hands with very long fingers.  If you really want to get into the nitty gritty, you can play around by removing the stock grips and cutting some crude templates out of cardboard of different thicknesses (e.g. cereal box vs corrugated cardboard) and tape them on. Compare them to the published thicknesses of LOK's offerings and that will give you a good guide.  Might be more trouble than its worth though.

I like palm swells or even the stock rubber on my CZs but have med to large hands. Always have struggled with thin grip guns, need something wider for my left palm to lock into.

I too have medium-large hands and tried just about ever grip you can imagine.  The Shadow 2 Palm Swell were just right..  The best part about the LOK grips is if you happen not to like them, they will sell on this board very quickly or they will exchange them for you.  Also their customer service is first class.

2 hours ago, clw42 said:

Honestly,  I didn't mind the stock grips.  I actually like them.  I only recently put on a set of Hennings, and moved the S2 grips to my SP-01. 

Not to hijack, but the S2 grips (even the LOK ones?) fit on an SP-01?

T

Edited by Tattoo

What do you like more, a flat/squareish grip profile or one that is more rounded/contoured? Figure that out, and then he can make any of those grips in varying thicknesses.

I know they're pricey, but give the Henning grips a look. I just put some on my Shadow 2 and they are the best grips I have ever wrapped my hands around. I like them better than the LOK grips I've handled.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've been debating this same thing but I'm XXL to XXXL gloves. I have Hennings on my Tanfo and love the grip but do wish they were a little wider.  By the mesurements I see online It seems the Hennings on a shadow are a smidge wider than when on a tanfo.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

One of the reviews on YouTube show's a set of thin profile grips that Lok custom made extra thick for large hands.  I would call Lok and see what they suggest.

Edited by NWfront

If you like the stock grips and just want a more agressive texture the thin bogies are great. 
Exactly what he said. If you get your S2 and want thicker grips order the palm swells.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NWfront said:

One of the reviews on YouTube show's a set of thin profile grips that Lok custom made extra thick for large hands.  I would call Lok and see what they suggest.

Thanks,  I might have to do that.  Hennings are the best feeling grips I've felt but don't think they would do anything custom like that.  Lok might be the way to go if they can do this.

I recently switched from LOK palm swells to LOK S2 palm swells on my shadow 1 frame. The top portion on originals flared too far and messed with my weak hand grip and occasionally my trigger finger would drag. I took a file to them and it helped. Once I saw the S2s i gave them a shot and have been satisfied. I took some pics.

IMG_20180602_171025.thumb.jpg.dd4866045c96c2c094fb776571e7ee5b.jpg

IMG_20180602_171118.thumb.jpg.95134f563896611f27327ed247a0aaea.jpg

As you can see they don't come up as high as the non-S2 version. LOK did offer to exchange grips but couldn't accept them since I modified them. They gave me a very nice discount to but a new set.

On 6/2/2018 at 4:21 PM, Haywizzle said:

I recently switched from LOK palm swells to LOK S2 palm swells on my shadow 1 frame. The top portion on originals flared too far and messed with my weak hand grip and occasionally my trigger finger would drag. I took a file to them and it helped. Once I saw the S2s i gave them a shot and have been satisfied. I took some pics.

I also filed down the top flare on the RH side grip of my LOK palm swells.  My hands have larger palms but shorter fingers and it was irritating my trigger finger.  I'm glad that I have a fat grip on the gun.

I am running the Lok S2 grips on my S2 and have also put them on my SP01 Shadow, love them on both guns. I wear a size large glove for reference. They fit the SP01 Shadow very well, they only leave a small gap between the grip and the frame in one spot that I can't feel while shooting (see picture with gap circled in red). About to order a second set for my SP01 Shadow so I don't have to switch them back and forth. The texture is very aggressive. I tried a set of the SP01 palm swell bogies and also did not like the flare at the top of the grip, it hit the upper part of my palms on each hand.

20180530_213405_zpsjqe69bzc.jpg

20180530_212158_zps2kbdfowh.jpg

20180530_213130_zpsaszpehzm.jpg

Yup, Jayson made the modification on the shadow 2 grips by removing the flare at the top portion. When I ordered a pair of grips for my shadow 2 a few months ago, he wasn’t making the shadow 2 specific grips yet so I had to remove the flare by sanding it using my belt sander. Other than that, I like the grippiness of the grips.

I’ll be ordering a set of shadow 2 specific grips and another set for my TSO. I’ll get the checkered style this time around.

On 5/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, wespac78 said:

I know they're pricey, but give the Henning grips a look. I just put some on my Shadow 2 and they are the best grips I have ever wrapped my hands around. I like them better than the LOK grips I've handled.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree. I have Hennings on 3 Shadow 2's after having a lot of other grips on various CZ's. I've quit looking at grip  claims. These are to me the best grips anywhere.