Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Treme Bullets Currently not accepting brass shipments

bodybag0

They recently closed the Houston retail location, several of their sales emails link to out of stock product. I’m not trying to be a conspiracy theorist but this seems a little odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Freedom Munitions customer and noted the same. Was particularly irritated as I have a box packed up and ready to go. Today I got an email with up to 50% off. ???

46 minutes ago, cousineddie said:

I shipped two boxes a few weeks ago. They both show delivered on 5/21/18. No credit yet. I'd rather have credit than the brass.

I think you squeaked in. The website says brass shipments will be rejected after 5/22. The last couple of times I sent brass in, it was about 3 weeks before the credit would apply. I'm now wondering if I should use my credit before they go belly up...

I have used Xtreme bullets for years. But I always ordered by phone because I am very reluctant to type a credit card number into a computer. You never truly know who else is looking. About six months ago I called to order. They said they were no longer accepting phone orders because (in the lady's own words)   ... . "We are a web based business."

My guess, especially after reading the above posts, is that they are toast.

I have no regrets, because Bayou Bullets do everything the Xtremes did for me. And I can call a phone order and have it in my PO box is a couple of days.

Hope they survive, never had an issue with their ammo, more mfrs the better. 

That said, as of late I wouldn't be shocked. Hard to see how they can stay afloat when their basic pistol/rifle reloads sell for as much or more than brand new Fiocchi, Speer etc.

Edited by O_O

Who is a good alternative for 180 gr .40 JHP bullets? 

Actual jacketed? MGs, Zeros but Precision Delta seems to be the new hotness.
Inexpensive alternatives: good coated. Lots to choose from. Currently switching from Blues to Ibejiheads.

Actual jacketed? MGs, Zeros but Precision Delta seems to be the new hotness.
Inexpensive alternatives: good coated. Lots to choose from. Currently switching from Blues to Ibejiheads.

I switched to Precision Delta from Xtreme several years ago and never looked back...

Been very happy with their products and service.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mailed out 49 lbs to them on 5/21.  Their site says they weren't accepting anything postmarked after 5/22, but I haven't heard a word from them yet.

Edited by robport

Dang. I have $60 in credit from brass trade in. Also noticed they are out of stock on a lot of there in-house stuff and the spam ad I got today was for factory ammo. Wonder if they’ve already shut down manufacturing.

Edited by Mcfoto

Everytime I have ordered any Xtreme bullets I have gone through Sage's.  He only takes orders for what is in stock and I normally have my bullets in 3 days at the longest.  Guess I'll be looking for a new source for 155gr .40s.  I don't think PD makes that bullet so I might have to compromise on that and go into load development.

Just saw they are filling for Ch 11 Bankruptcy...might explain some of the comments above.

Just saw TalkingMonkey had the link a couple days ago.  Hope they can liquidate enough to keep their projectile business going.

Edited by IronicTwitch

Freedom Munitions
To all of our valued Freedom Munitions customers:

You may have already heard or read about the recent decision to re-organize Freedom Munitions in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.

We would like to take this time to assure our valuable customers of the ongoing commitment to provide affordable ammunition to shooting sport enthusiasts around the country.

Freedom Munitions will continue to manufacture ammunition, ship orders and provide the best service we possibly can.

We are still here and plan on maintaining a steady path of manufacturing cost effective ammunition and moving towards a positive future.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage,
Freedom Munitions Team

• 2 weeks later...

My friends and I, who live close to their headquarters here in Mound House, noticed differences in their policies and we eventually switched to Blue Bullets. (https://www.thebluebullets.com)

Turns out that the new bullets feed better anyways, so go figure. Feel bad about Xtreme since now we have to peel our stickers off of our back windows. No use marketing a different company than what we originally were supporting.